Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Email received 08/20/12

Hey Family,

This week went really well, but, Elder Johnson is still sick.  We are now thinking he has some kind of parasite.  So we are going to have to go to the doctors today. 

I had my first Confrencia de la Zona this week.  It went really well.  President Villarreal is going to be an apostle some day.  He is such a powerful man.  One of the Zone leaders talked about how on our tags we have three names.  The name of the Church, Christ's name, and the names of our families.  We are literally representatives of these people.  He said we always need to be thinking about these names and how they want us to represent them.  It was a really cool experience.  I really can't wait for the next one. 

I had my first... food that I really didn't know what part I was eating.  We went to eat carnitas (AMAZiNG!!!!!)  and we sat down and they brought us the tacos.  They said the meat wasn't puro.  It wasn't all just the pure meat on the pig.  It was everything.  It tasted good but the thing that got me was biting down and feeling something really crunchy and then chewy and  then soft.  Yeah that was a...good experience. 

We had two baptisms yesterday.  They are an amazing couple.  We just found them while we were contacting some random street.  It was a miracle that we found them.   The light in their eyes truly is amazing. 

Jesus had a relapse this week.  He has been out of a job and has been fasting and praying really hard to find a job.  He found this job that was perfect.  But he didn't get the job because he has a tattoo on his hand.  So he went and got drunk.  We went over there and he started talking to us and just broke down and cried.  Because of the guilt and shame he had.  At that moment we said it was ok.  We all fall en veses.  We all fall at times.  That in those times we fall and have trials is when we need to have faith to  pick ourselves up and keep going.  That we need to ask in "mighty prayer and supplication" for the Lord to forgive us.  We told him that his faith can be strengthened in this trial.  He has so much faith in Christ.  This week I kept thinking about that experience.  How bad Satan wants us to feel like we have to give up because our sins are too great.  No sin is too big. 

I know, I know that if we lay our burdens, our afflictions, at the feet of the Savior he will carry us.  That if we pour out our souls, our hearts to Him when it feels like our souls are on fire, I know that Christ will forgive us.  We need to enter into our own Gethsemane.  When we repent we must humble ourselves.  To the point where we are wrestling with our souls in mortal anguish for the sins we commit.  It doesn't matter how big or small that sin is.  And we must not procrastinate the day of our repentance, because "this is the time for men to prepare to meet God."  I know what sin does to us.  it makes us feel worthless.  I have been there.  I have seen the Darkness.  I have seen the Light.  I know how it feels, the mortal anguish sin causes us.  Satan does not want us to make it.  But I testify with all the fervency of my heart,  IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!!  I have felt the arms of the Savior wrap around me as I have fallen on my knees and begged,  PLEADED for forgiveness.  It came.  It comes through our humility.  The Savior is there.  I have felt Him.  I know.  Oh remember, remember, Christ is our rock.  Christ is our foundation. 

I love you all.  Thank you for your prayers and encouraging words.  I think of  you all every single day.  My love for my family and my Savior and all people is my driving force.  Thank you.

Elder Hancock

Helaman 5:12

Ps.  Did you get my pictures last week?

1 comment:

  1. Elder Hancock, I truly love and appreciate reading your testimony of the Savior and the atonement. The conviction with which you share the Gospel of Jesus Christ pierces me to my soul and I know what you say is true. For me to have this witness and to be so powerfully inspired by your words, gives me a small glimpse into what those who receive the message you bring must feel, recognizing the light and truth of the gospel. Thank you for sharing that and allowing me to experience a small measure of the joy that comes when you share the gospel. I love you.

    ReplyDelete