Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Email received 4/27/12

Hi Mom,
.
Just thought I would say hi.  Just kidding.  I have a story to tell you.  A few days ago we had another Elder in our district tell us he was going home.  We had kind of known something was up and then he told us the night before.  So he left last night.  Yesterday was just another heartbreaking day.  After he left it felt like saying goodbye to a family member.  But this time we were sad for him because he had come out on a mission with no testimony and he said he was just going through the motions of everything.  But after he had been here awhile, the Spirit hit him really strong.  He said he prayed and it hit him like a brick wall that the church is true.  He said after that, he went and talked to the Branch President and told him there were some things that he hadn't cleared up yet.  And the Branch President had to send him home.  He is already 21 and he has to wait a whole year before he can come back out.  It was hard to watch because we all saw him grow so much and want to be out here.  After he left we all cried.  Not because of us but because of him.
.
Yesterday was a real crazy day.  I am going to the temple later so I am really excited for that.  I think today we want to go and do sealings so that should be fun.
.
But we have had a real roller coaster of a ride the past week.  With that first elder going home and then another elder going home it is really hard.  I am so glad I am out here.  I have never been so happy in my life.  Yeah the days are long but I know why I am here.
.
I had an answer to my prayers yesterday.  I have not been doing well with the language.  I just don't understand the whole vocab thing.  I had prayed really hard on how to come up with a good language study plan and how to study, and that I may be able to understand and feel comforted about everything.  (I have been down and discouraged the past couple days because I couldn't learn the language.)  I realized when I was sitting in class yesterday, it hit me, that was I was being taught.  I was learning and I felt comfortable about it.  And, I learned an awesome way to study the language.
.
So I got Mason's and Grandma's emails.  I don't have time to email them.  Will you just tell them I love them, and I thank them so much for the inspiring emails and uplifting words they said to me.  
I am almost out of time.  I have to go get my hair cut.  I will send the family a letter so I can get into more detail about everything.
.
Mom, I love you so much.  I know I am here to bring people the Gospel.  I love you so much.
.
All of my love,
Elder Michael Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment