Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Email received 7/17/12


Hi Mom,

This is the last week of the change.  I can't believe how fast it has gone.  Well, this week has been full of testimony-building stories.  I have had a really good week and have seen the fruits of my labors.   Remember that guy and that girl I told you about,  the super poor ones that we thought weren't going to be baptized?  We went back last week to tell them that we can't teach them because they can't be baptized because they can't get married.  Right before we were going to tell them, they told us that the girl's dad is going to let them get married!  Then the guy told us that he had gotten a new job that day that pays him almost twice as much as he was making!  We also gave them 100 pesos that was able to feed them for 3 days.  In 3 days their entire outlook on life changed.  Earlier that week on Sunday, when we were at their house, we found a Santa Muerte statue thing in their house.  (Santa Muerte is some really evil and dark thing that some of the Catholics do.  They worship an idol and they ask it to do favors for them.  It like talks back to them and stuff.  It is super, SUPER evil.  Its just another tool Satan uses to get hold of us.)  We had to take it from their house because they cannot  have the Spirit with them if they have it in their home.  When we took it we had to destroy it.  Just holding it made me feel super gross.  But when we went back on Tuesday they told us how good they felt.  We told them it is because they don't have that thing in their home.  It is so amazing to see the blessings the Lord gives his people, and how much He wants us to do what is right and to follow him.  We are going to get them married and baptized this week.

On Friday, Elder Sylvestre and I were contacting and we found this lady.  We told her that we are representatives  of Jesus Christ.  She said she knew who we were.  That just two weeks earlier, two white boys with white shirts ties and name tags gave her a foyetto (pamphlet??) and brought her to church.  That confused us.  We asked her what church it was.  She said they were Mormon missionaries.  We set up a cita (discussion??) with her and walked off dazed and confused.  We started talking about how we are the only missionaries in this area and that no other missionary would proselyte in our area.  They would have told us if they did.  So then Elder Sylvestre started to tell me that he has had other experiences like that during his mission.  We started talking about how there are angels in our area also doing missionary work, preparing the people for us.  That made us so excited.  After that experience, I thought of Grandpa Cline and Grandpa Hancock doing missionary work.  It would be super cool if they were helping us, or the three Nephites.   I just happen to be in Mexico .   It was way cool to have that happen. 

We also contacted a guy that said that Mexico was going to run out of food by September and that it is going to be the beginning of the end of the world.  Having the Gospel in my life is so comforting to me.  Because I know what is going to happen and I know that if we are doing all that we can do to obey the Lord's commandments, and do all we can do to be the best that we can be, we should have no worries. 

The time that I have here in Mexico is precious.  It is the Lord's time that I am on.  Another missionary told me a story about a Big Cristo statue falling during some war in another country and the arms broke off and a bunch of people wanted to fix it by putting new arms on it.  But some guy told them that they shouldn't.  That it is a symbol a reminder that we need to be the arms of Christ.  I am the arms and hands of Christ.  I am here to bring the lost sheep back to the fold.  I am literally his hands and arms.  He is using me to find those people he has prepared:  the personas escojidas.  The chosen people he has prepared.  There are people out there waiting for me who need me.  But I must obey.  I must do the things that the Lord has commanded.  If I am doing all that I can working as hard as I can, being 100% obedient, then I will find those people.

Oh remember, remember family, that we must build our foundations on Christ.  If we do we will not fall.  We shall not fear.  I promise you.  Being here in Mexico I have seen a lot of scary things, but I know that I am obeying my Father in Heaven and that He is protecting me.  Build yourselves on Christ, and ye shall not fear. 

I love you all.  Thank you for all that you do.  I love you.

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment