Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Email received 7/23/12


Hi Mom,

Well I forgot to tell you last week, but I got the rest of the letters and packages.  Not last week but the week before.  I got your email in time.  It says I got it at like 9:35 this morning.  

Has anyone said anything on the blog?  If they did could you send me some of the messages from it? 

Anyway, today was the first day of the new change.  The start of my second.  Super crazy.  I stayed in Cantera.  (Look for a place called Santa Cecilia on google earth.  I think that is what the place is called here.)  yeah I got a new companion.  His name is Elder Johnson.  He is super cool.  He is from Idaho.  We went to DF today to pick up all of our new companions and played some soccer.  I am getting pretty good!!!  (Owen Jarom Fred:  WATCH OUT!!)  Haha not really.  Well this week was super crazy.  We worked really hard this week.  That couple that I told you about didn't get married this week.  Her dad wasn't able to get off of work.  But Francisco has to have another entrovista with the Presidente de la mission.  So hopefully that happens this week. 

Elder Sylvestre and I had 4 bautizmos yesterday.  It was really cool.  I wasn't able to take pictures.  The batteries in my camera died.  They die super fast.  So not really sure what to do about that.  It's alright.  We baptized two sisters, 13 and 14 años, and an older couple who are parents of recent converts just two changes ago.  So that was super cool.  There is no greater feeling than bringing eternal happiness to people.  I was able to baptize the 13 year old girl, Brisa.  (Abby: She reminded me of you because she is IN LOVE with One Direction.)  And, I baptized Pedro.  It was so amazing.  I love it.  This change was a really good change.  We found so many amazing people.  The families I baptized last change are so amazing.  They have such a strong desire to follow Christ.  Mitzi (the 14 year old girl we baptized yesterday) is going to EFY today.  The ward really brought these investigators in under their wing.  It really shows me that they really need a friend.  How important it is to befriend people who are struggling because if they know that there is someone who really does care about them they will try.  Their testimonies and their fe en Jesu Cristo will be strengthened because they will see the Christ-like love in you.  We cannot forget about those in-active members. 

Last week, on Tuesday, Elder Sylvestre and his generation went to the temple.  (Which is why I didn't email until Tuesday; that's when we had our p-day.)  But I was put with a few elders on a change just for the day.  But we were walking down the street in the rain and we saw this flash of blue that illuminated our faces and for a split second, it felt like the world was still.  And then, right then, we heard this ear splitting crack that shook us to the very core of our bodies.  It was super crazy.  We were almost struck by lightning. 

This week has really shown me what I need to work on this next change.  My Spanish is coming poco a poco.  I am super excited for this change.  I will miss Elder Sylvestre, but that's ok.  It really is so important to be 100% obedient because that is how the Lord will bless us.  It is really hard.  I am not going to lie.  It's disappointing seeing people not partake of something that will make them more happy than they know right now.  But I have had my testimony grow about prayer.  I know without a doubt that the Lord knows exactly who we are.  I know that our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ suffered for us personally.  Not just for our sins but for our pains and our afflictions (read Alma 7).   I know that when we are going through trials we need to drop down and pray, pray like Enos.  Like what President Villareal says:  enter your own Gethsemane.  That is exactly what we need to do.  I know that the Heavenly Father will hear our cry,  our supplication to our Lord.  Please when you feel like you can't go any further, drop down and pray.  Pray with every fiber in your body.  I know with all of my heart, with every fiber of my soul, that Heavenly Father will hear us and He will make our burdens light. 

I love you all.  Thank you for your prayers and support. 

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12


No comments:

Post a Comment