Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, July 30, 2012

Email received 07/30/12


Hi Mom and familia!!!!!!!

I got the post card from Jarom.  It made my day.  I also got a Dear Elder from Grandma and Sarah.  It makes me super happy when I get mail. 

So my new companion Elder Johnson has been sick like all week.  It hard to work when you're sick.  So we didn't work as hard as I would like this week, so it was an ok week.  We didn't have anyone in church yesterday either.  According to Elder Sylvestre, we failed this week.  Haahaha...  It's ok.  We have set a lot of goals to help us. 

We had four people confirmed yesterday.  So that was super awesome.  I love those people.  We taught the two girls, Mitzy and Brisa, on Saturday.  They are such amazing girls.  Mitzy went to EFY last week right after her baptism.  She told me that being at EFY strengthened her testimony.  I taught them about the Spirit and enduring to the end, and how baptism isn't the end, it is just the beginning.  The real test is enduring to the end.  It was such an awesome lesson.  The Spirit was there so strong.  It was really awesome because just in those moments I was speaking Spanish, and understanding it like a champ.  I was so happy.  So my Spanish is coming along so well, as of literally Saturday.  It was such a testimony builder to me because I know that the Lord has been helping me and has answered my prayers.  I was so touched by the Spirit on Saturday. 

Francisco and Sofia can't get married.  I was really sad about that.  They have been struggling and I know that they will be blessed if they are baptized and strive to live their lives in the Gospel but they can't get married.  I was super sad about that.  So I told them that they should still come to church and read the Book of Mormon and pray.  Because I know that Heavenly Father will bless them by doing these things.  It really is heartbreaking to have this happen.  We aren't allowed to teach people who can't progress because it is a waste of time.  But that's ok.  They really wanted to get baptized.  I love them so much. 

Mom, I totally agree with you about love.  The Spirit really motivates us to do all we can.  That has been my goal and my top priority.  I have really always tried to teach with the Spirit and have the Spirit with me.  I know that the Spirit will help me love, and love will help me do it all. 

Last week Elder Sylvestre and I found a talk in our carpet de mission about purifying ourselves as missionaries.  It talked about if we purify ourselves from all of those little imperfections then we will be the best missionaries we can be.  That's what I have been focusing on the past few weeks.  I have seen a HUGE difference in myself.  They are just small things, like talking about music and movies.  Those are the things I have the hardest time with.  Especially music.  Classic rock is huge down here and it is SUPER TOUGH..  but not thinking about those things has made me a better missionary.  I know that if you do that, just purify yourself of little imperfections, you will be so much better a person.  I know that the Lord has blessed me in doing it. 

I know that the Lord is with me.  I know that everything I am doing is bringing people happiness and joy forever.  I love the people here.  It kills me when I knock a door and someone answers and you can just see the sadness in their eyes and they don't want anything the Gospel will bring them.  Its like someone that's starving to death and you bring them food and they don't want it.  It makes me sad.  But it makes me work harder. 

I know that I have the Spirit of the Lord with me.  I know that if we do all that we can to build our foundations on Christ than we will be able to live with our families forever.  I know it.  With all my heart I know this Church is true.  It has brought me so much joy and comfort.  I know that Christ suffered for our sins so that we can be happy and have joy forever.  It is more than possible.  I love you all.  Thank you.

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment