Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Email received 09/03/12


Dear Hancock Family,

This week was such an awesome week.  The last week of the change is always the hardest week.  But we got a lot of contacts and lessons.  We worked so hard this change.  We always want to make every day better. 

I gave my first blessing a few days ago.  That was amazing.  I have never felt the power of God flow out of me like that.  It was so amazing and powerful.  We baptized two brothers of Mitzy and Brisa.  They are the two girls that I baptized with Elder Sylvestre my first change.  Me and Elder Johnson had to wake up at 5am to go fill up the font because we had to baptize them early in the morning.  Mitzy and Brisa bore their testimonies in Sacrament meeting yesterday.  They both cried.  They made me cry because they said that we changed their lives of an entire family.  Those two girls have the strongest testimonies I have ever seen in 13 -14 year olds.  It made me so happy

We got calls on Saturday.  Transfer day.  I am now in Aquiles Serdan in Cameronas.  I am in DF.  One of the only zones in DF.  Camerones is a colony in DF.  I don't know my address.  Elder Johnson stayed in Cantera. My new Companion is Elder Romey.  He is from Veracruz.  He has a year in the mission.  He is so awesome. 

I had to say goodbye to all the families yesterday.  That was so hard.  I wanted to go, but I wanted to stay because of the families.  I was with the Family Espinosa Gallardo (Mizty's and Brisa's family).  What Patricia said to me made me cry.  She told me that because of us bringing her family the Gospel, her family is happy.  I baptized all of her kids.  She and her husband can't get baptized because they are not married, and they can't get married because they have to get divorced, and getting a divorce in Mexico is hard.  She told me a story about her husband.  Her husband really likes to drink.  He isn't an alcoholic but he loves his alcohol.  He really likes the Gospel but he doesn't want to give up drinking.  She told me a story about her husband.  They were at a birthday party and the family were all drinking.  One of the brothers of Jorge offered him a drink but he turned it down.  He said he saw how happy his family was and that he wasn't going to drink.  He said that when he is baptized he will be worthy for a whole year so he can be sealed together with his family.  Patricia told me as tears were streaming down her face that we brought an entire family back to Heavenly Father.  An entire family back into the fold of God.  She told me that we shine.  At that moment I knew exactly why I was there.  I told her that because she is happy and her family is happy I am happy.  All of this has made me so happy.  She also told me that Edgar and Nathan, the boys we baptized, want to have wives and children so that they can bring them into the Gospel.    Mitzy put her testimony and a picture of the baptism in the Liahona for the month of December.  So when December comes, go buy one.  English ones are not common in the States but try to buy one.

When I went to see the Prado family (Pedro and Irene) I shared my last words with them.  I shared my favorite scripture with them.  I told them that if they build their foundations on Christ they will not fall.  That if they rely on him they will not fall.  If they try their hardest everyday to stay on the path and to keep growing and keep pushing forward they will live together forever.  The Spirit was so strong.  I love them so much. 

One thing I have definitely learned is love.  Some of the families I have baptized have gone through a lot.  Life is hard.  It is that straight.  Life is hard.  I have gone through hard times in my mission so far.  Sometimes it feels like we can do nothing more so we just give up.  No!!!  FALSO!!!  Lies of Satan.  He wants us to think that.  We all fall at times.  But it is at that point when we make the decision to give up, or to rely on Christ and keep going.  Rely on Him.  I have felt Him.  I have felt peace and calmness in myself and a voice saying everything will be ok.  He is the Rock.  He is the Foundation.  if we build ourselves on Christ we will not fall.  It is a promise.  It is a Fact.  It is never too late.  He loves us.  No matter who we are.  He loves us.  He wants us to make it back to him.  I love you all.  Thank you.

Elder Hancock

Helaman 5:12


Facts about Elder Hancock:  Wake up at 6:00; workout until 7:00; out of the house by 10:30; get back to the house 9-9:30.  I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, eggs, (why are eggs so expensive right now?)  cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment