Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, September 24, 2012

Email received 09/10/12


Hola Family!!!!!

I am so happy to hear about Spencer.  I can't believe he went in to the MTC so soon.  Argentina has been having some hard times with VISAs.  There is an elder in my Zone that is from here and he is here waiting to go to Argentina.  But it's alright.  Whatever happens is what the Lord wants.  Just today I was thinking about Mason and how I know a friend that is in his same mission and I was thinking if they knew each other.  Well I guess they do.  That is so awesome that they know each other.  Elder Burningham is awesome.   

This week has been really awesome.  We had a baptism yesterday.  This whole week we have been trying to get her to be baptized because she knows its true.  Her husband was baptized just the week before but she told us every single day that she wasn't ready.  We fasted that she would make the decision to be baptized.  On Friday we had a really powerful lesson.  I shared my favorite scripture and said that if she had a desire to follow Christ and build her foundation on Christ that she will get baptized.  I told her that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ she will do this, and that all she needs to have is faith.  Because when you act on your faith your faith grows.  She was studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses and to be baptized in that church you have to basically memorize the bible.  She was baptized yesterday. 

I have a cool story to tell.  Yesterday we found this lady.  We walked in through the door and the Spirit hit me like a ton of bricks.  I saw this little boy about four-years-old sitting on the chair.  His head was shaved and I knew he had cancer.  Right then, the lady said he had cancer.  I could barely keep myself from crying.  But the weird thing is that it feels like I have seen them before or something.  But I knew that I have to baptize her and her family.  When I saw her I just knew how much she needed this.  How much she needs to know that if she has faith in Christ and relies on Him that her burdens will be made light.  I just know how much it will bless her family to know that whenever she needs, it they will be able to have the Priesthood in their home to bless this little boy.  It is hard when you see someone that is sad and you know they are sad because you can see it in their face but they blatantly shut the door.  It makes me so sad.  But really it is this kind of love that makes me go forward, ecause I know how much the Gospel will bless them.  

Thinking about faith a lot.  Faith is so powerful.  I would not be here sitting in this seat writing this email without faith.  And I have to hold on to that faith because my faith in Christ is how I keep going everyday.  To be honest, it is really hard sometimes.  But by having faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ, I rely on him.  I am comforted.  I have felt that comfort; I know that feeling.  It is something we all need.  If we have faith we can move mountains.  I love you all so much.  

Always and forever

Elder Hancock

Helaman 5:12

P.S.  I need AAA's.  Oh, bad news: my watch broke yesterday.  I was handing my watch and my ring to Elder Romay because I don't baptize with it on, and it dropped, and the glass inside broke.  I am really sorry.  I had to buy a new one.  It is the same style, and not expensive (98 pesos = like less than $9.00).  Sorry.  I love you Mom.  Thank you for being so patient with me all these years.  I know all those fervent prayers were answered.  Thank you.  Because of the Savior I am here.  I know your fervent sincere prayers, pleading with the Lord to help me, were answered because of your faith.  Mosiah 27:14 I love you Mom.  I think of you and the family every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment