Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, September 24, 2012

Email received 09-24-12


Hi Mom and Family,

Today was good.  We went over to a member's house and washed our clothes while we did our studies.  Then we went home and laid around for a while until we went shopping.  After shopping we went and got my hair cut.  It was really long.  Then we went home and here we are.  I know REAL EXCITING!!!

This week was a really good week.  I got sick again this week.  We are sure it is from the food we ate at a member's house.  It was fish.  I really did not feel good for a few days.  I have been kind of light headed for the past few days with an off and on headache.  I don't know why.  It is super weird to me.  But that's alright.  I am feeling good now. 

We have been having more success.  We have been teaching families that I really hope will get baptized.  One of those families is the same family I talked about a few weeks ago with the little boy that has cancer.  It makes me sad because the mom and the dad are not married and they have to get divorced before baptism.  The dad is Jehovah's Witness and doesn't want anything to do with the church.  The mom knows its true.  She told us this is the change she wants for her family but her husband doesn't like it.  It makes me really sad.  But that's alright.  We told her if she really wants to be baptized the Lord will provide a way. 

I need to be patient and have faith that the Lord will provide a way for me.  I have been trying so hard to be a tool in the Lord's hand and be the best Missionary I can Possibly be.  It is really hard sometimes.  You get down and discouraged and that is how Satan wants us to feel.  It is hard, but through Christ it is possible.  Without Christ it would be impossible.  I have to remember why I am here.  Remember the Lives that have changed because the Lord used me as a tool in His hands.  It all comes down to faith in Him. 

Yesterday we were teaching the Gospel Principle class and we taught about faith.  It really got me thinking about why faith is so important.  Without faith we would have no Gospel.  Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the first principle of the Gospel.  If we have the faith we can Move mountains.  But the most important part of our faith is action.  Without acting on our faith our faith will not grow.  It really made me think about my Faith a lot.  I know that I must put all I can into the Lord.  Because our Heavenly Father Hears us and loves us so much and wants His children to make it back to him.  Being here in Mexico and seeing so many sad situations and heard so many heart-breaking stories is hard, but I have witnessed the faith that came out of those trials.  It makes me so happy to see these people go through trials, putting all of their heart and Faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  That is why I am here.  To bring the joy, the happiness, the peace that comes through the Gospel.  I have seen it in my own life.  I feel it.  The only way we can truly have these things is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  There is no other way.  It is only through the Gospel can we have our eternal families.  I love you all so much.

Always and forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

Ps.  Some Peanut butter would be nice... And Homemade Strawberry Jam!  I love you Mom, with all my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment