Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, November 5, 2012

Email received 10-15-12

My Dearest Family,

I am so sorry last week was so short.  We are in a bit of a rush again today.  Today was changes.  I stayed in Aquiles Serdan.  I got a new companion Elder Muñoz.  He is so awesome.  He is from north Mexico.  He is actually temporarily here.  He is supposed to be going into the MTC in Provo to go to Portugal but he lost his VISA for the U.S.  He has three months in the mission and speaks perfect English.  

I am so excited for this change.  We had a baptism yesterday.  Her name is Selina.  We taught her the entire last change.  She called us yesterday morning telling us she didn't want to be baptized.  We decided to go to her house before church and try to get her to go.  We went to her house and knocked on her door for 15 minutes but she didn't answer.  Right as we were walking away she answered the door.  She told us that she was really tired and didn't want to go to church.  We told her Satan was telling her not to get baptized.  Right after that she told us she would go at 12:00.  And then we told her we would come pick her up.  Later we picked her up and later that day she was baptized.  It was such an amazing experience because of Heavenly Father.  We knew because of our faith we were blessed.  We also knew how bad Satan was trying to get her to not be baptized.  It really was an amazing experience because in the taxi on the way to the church she said she was really nervous.  So nervous that she was sick to her stomach.  But after she was baptized she said she didn't feel sick.  She said she felt so happy and she said all she could feel was peace.  It is so amazing to see the role of the gospel take root in peoples lives.

I have got to be honest this last change has been really hard for me.  The hardest time I have had so far.  But through faith I got through it.  It was so amazing to see myself change in times of trial.  But I Know that the Lord is with me.  I can feel him as I go throughout the day.  I can feel the strength of angels.  I feel all of your love everyday.  At times life is hard.  Do not give up.  Hold on to the Rod of Iron because this is the only thing that will bring us happiness.  I love you all so much.  Thank you all for the love and support that you give me.  It really does carry me.  

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment