Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, November 5, 2012

Email received 10/01/12


Hey Family,

We had some crazy rain this week.  The rain was supposed to stop at the beginning of this month.  But I think it is because of a tropical storm off the coast.  I don't really know.  I have not a clue of what is going on in the world.  It's ok I like it that way.  

Last night we helped one of our converts paint their house.  We went over to their house planning on teaching them but they were painting and looked like they needed help.  It was a lot of fun.  I got paint on my pants.  Not a whole lot but I got some on my pants.  But Elder Romay told me every time I look at that white stain on my pants I will always think of painting that house with them.  It's what we call a "Good mission experience", or a "This is going in my journal" experience.  After that we went home and made pancakes and put chocolate ice cream on it with syrup on it.  It was DELICIOUS!!!!  (hey don't judge... we are still 19-20 year old "men")  

We went to Centro today.  Elder Romay had to buy new shoes.  People need to remember that if they are making shoes for missionaries that missionaries walk a lot.  It was really funny.  His shoes look like they have a mouth.   I bought a cool ice blue  tie today from Chinos.  35 pesos.  We saw Elder McMillan there.  It was so awesome seeing him.  I have not seen him since we got here to Mexico.  

I got the package last week.  I LOVE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!  It made me so happy!!!  Thanks for the stamps.  I will get right on writing those letters.  

This week was kind of a hard week.  We are not having a whole lot of things happen.  None of our investigators are progressing.  It has been really hard for us.  We talked with the Zone leaders and they told us that we need to be happy.  Let me tell you it is possible to be happy through our trials.  When we think negative things it impedes our faith, and it is stunted.  But when we have confidence in the Lord, THAT is when our faith grows.  Remember Ether 12:6, "we do not receive a witness until the trial of our faith."  

I have been thinking about prayer a lot lately.  How Powerful prayer really is.  The Lord hears us.  He is waiting to answer our prayers.  Sometimes it is hard to pray.  But when we pour our hearts out unto the Lord in Faith that is when our faith grows.  It is hard.  It is really hard sometimes.  You wonder why you are not having the same good things happen now as much as you had last week or the week before.  You wonder what you are doing wrong.  But Grandma said this to me, "We have trials to make us stronger."  We would be weak without them.  Through all of my trials I have come out stronger every time I have tried my hardest to Progress.  I can assure you that If we try our hardest to be happy to Endure Through our trials, exercizing our faith in Christ in MIGHTY prayer that is when we are made stronger.  We have to remember not to get down.  I have to tell myself that.  It is something I need to do.  But pray.  For me when all else fails.  When no one wants to take Christ into their life.  When all I want to do is lay down and fall asleep I remember Christ.  I remember that HE suffered for me.  Every ounce of my being He did it.  But I get down on my knees and pray and all of those burdens I felt are made light.  I do not exaggerate when I say they are made light.  I know Christ is there.  I know My Heavenly Father knows me and my trials.  Do not forget Him.  I love you all.  Thank you for your love and support.  

Always and Forever,
Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment