Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, November 5, 2012

Email received 11-05-12

Hi family!

Well this week was a harder week.  Its been really good with Elder Muñoz.  He is so amaizing!!  but we are having a lot of good experiences. We were supposed to have a baptism yesterday but it fell through.  We found this family a week and a half ago that is really amazing.  They are named the Anaya family.  They really like the gosspel but the two parents cant get baptized because they have to get married.  But the real problem is, is that they dont want to get married.  It makes me so sad.  But the son said he wanted to be baptized when he was interviewed on friday.  He was so excited.  But he is 13.  And I kind of didnt feel good about baptizing him.  I didnt know why but I did.  But saterday night we went by and talked to him (well his mom for most of the time)  he said he didnt have enough knowledge.  we sat there for a two hours trying to convince him.  But he was in and out of the room playing around.  And I told her that I was not going to baptize someone just to baptize them.  Because thats what was going to happen.  Because I knew he would not stay active because his dad wants him to work with him on sundays and he would never go to church.  And after that I thought Elder Muñoz was going to be mad but he told me  that I did the right thing.  That he said he was just tryingto get him baptized.  That I was going by what the spirit was telling us.  It was actually a really good learning experience for us.  

On Saterday we had kind of a heart breaking story.  We were walking down the street around 5:00 and this man comes up to us.  He said he needed help.  Serious help.  He told us he was intoxicated but not drunk.  He told us he was on the edge of death.  He told us that he had drunk so much just do get drunk but that didnt happen.  he said he went to the catholic church and after the service someone asked him for alcohol but he didnt have any.  He told us that he could not go home because his family doesnt know.  And it would break their hearts if they found out.  But he begged us for help.  We told him first he needed medical help and then we would be able to help him.  He asked us how his spirit could be saved.  He said he couldnt go to the hospital because they would call his family.  I cried.  I had no idea how to help him.  That was the first time I loved some one that i  had met for the first time.  I cried for thirty minuets because i was so heartbroken because i had no idea how to help him.  It was a sad thing to me.  But I learned that I need to do all i can to help someone like that.  Because I know we didnt just meet him for a reason.  We couldnt help him.  I didnt know how to help him.  I felt like I let My Father in Heaven down.  

I learned at that moment how Christ feels about us.  And that when we are makeing bad disisiones He cries for us.  I only felt just a bit small bit of what He feels for us.  He loves us more than we will ever know right now.  He loves us.  I love you all so much.  Thank you for all you do.  

Always and Forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

Ps.  Mexico has day light saveings  We are only 1 hour ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment