Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Email received 11/26/12


Hi family!!

Wow I am really glad that Thanksgiving was good.  I kind of missed you all on Thanksgiving.  Everyone kept reminding me.  But thats alright.  Grandma sent me an email it was really nice to hear from her. 

Today was changes.  I was transferred from Aquiles Serdan to a little pueblo four hours outside of Mexico city called Tejopilco (if you look up a place called Valle de Bravo.  Valle de Bravo is a really nice resort in our mission that is like two hours away from my area in Tejopilco, and then look up Tejopilco that is my area.)  It is so different than my last two areas.  It really is like a small town in the middle of nowhere.  It is such a pretty place.  I am really excited to work in this area.  My new companion is Elder Machen.  He is from Texas.  He has three months in the mission.  This is his second change in the mission.  I am his mother.  I am finishing up his training.  I am really nervous but I know that I will be able to do it through the Savior.  Our house is huge!!!  It is the nicest house in the mission.  All other houses are really not big or nice.  But the bad thing about this house is that it is really dirty.  It has not been cleaned in a long time.  I opened up the cupboard and there was like oil and salt and stuff that hasnt been used for a long time and there was like spiders and webs everywhere.  All over the house is that stuff.  And we cant leave our cereal boxes open because the cockroaches will crawl in.  Its pretty awesome.  Ok and really gross.  But hey good mission story.  But we are going to do a really good clean next week. 

This week was such an awesome week.  The Lord blessed us so much.  It really was a testimony builder for me.  I have really had a really hard time in that area.  I am not sure what it is.  I have a lot of cool stories this week.  (well cool for missionaries).  Me and Elder Muñoz were contacting and found this lady that had a couple kids by her.  We asked if we could share a message with her but she asked us to come by later.  So we went by later and taught her a lesson.  We asked her if she would like to go to church with us that Sunday.  But like always she told us she wasnt sure because her husband works a lot and he is really athiest and Catholic.  (yes it is possible to be Catholic and athiest.  Being Catholic just because your family is...)  Well we asked her if we could come by the next day.  She told us we could.  So the next day we went by but her husband answered the door.  When we saw him we thought he was going to tell us to leave.  But instead he stood there for a minute and told us to come back.  We went back later that night and he let us right in.  We only taught him and his kids.  But at the end of the lesson he told us the reason why he let us in was because he saw something in us that made him curious that made him want to listen.  We invited him to church and he said that he was going to go but if he couldnt go because of work his wife and kids would go.  Him telling us that was a miracle.  We knew that the Lord had lead us to that man.  We knew that because of our efforts and through our obedience and diligence that the Lord blessed us with that family. 

I have been blessed so much this week.  I am so grateful for the blessings and comfort I have received in my mission so far.  I feel the love of the Savior every day.  And so in turn I have felt the love he feels for his brothers and sisters.  As a representative of Jesus Christ he uses me to show that love he has for the rest of the people.  I am so grateful for that and for his love that he has for me.  I love you all so much.  I am so grateful for your support and your prayers.  I need it.  But in turn I feel them.  I can still feel your hugs and your love every place I go.  I know that you all are with me.  And through the Savior you all dont seem to far away.  Thank you so much for all you do for me.  I love you all so much.  Please dont ever forget how much your Heavenly Father and your Savior and Jesus Christ love you and how bad they want you all to make the right choices.  Because I know without a doubt that is how we will be happy. 

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

Me and Elder Machen
Me and my Area
Study room
Downstairs
upstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment