Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Email received 12/17/12


Dear Family,

I guess we missed each other today.  We are not having p-day today for some reason.  Tomorrow we are having a meeting with President Villarreal.  There is a rumor going around that Tejupilco is receiving two temporals from Peru.  So Elder Machen and I might become Fathers.  SO that is really kind of a crazy thought.  That is why I am emailing so early today.  Sorry.  

Next week we are going to Toluca for Christmas.  There is where we will call home.  But they have not told us any details about how we will call.  So honestly I dont know how it will work.  Sacrament yesterday was awesome.  First the bishop spoke about the power of fasting.  It really was an amazing talk about what fasting can do and what kind of blessings we can receive from it.  After one of the counselors of the Bishop spoke about the birth of Jesus Christ.  He spoke about the star being a symbol that Christ is the light of the world that is so dark and lost.  Than he compared it to the two stars that came knocking on his door that changed his life.  He bore a fervent testimony about missionaries being a light and a star for others.  It was a very touching talk.  And than The stake president talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ.  That was such a powerful talk.  Sacrament meeting yesterday was so awesome.  

This week was a good week.  We have been having a hard time this week finding people to teach.  We had a mother and daughter that were going to be baptized yesterday that are having difficulties with each other and dont want to get baptized. So that was hard because we can do nothing to help them.  Especially if they are not doing anything to know these things for themselves.  We have been really finding so many miracles.  We found a woman named Brenda last week.  She told us that she had been taught by the first missionaries that came to Tejupilco.  She really wants to be baptized.  So that is really awesome.  But she didnt come to church yesterday so that was really disappointing.  I ate a chili in one bite this week.  Probably the spiciest thing I have ever eaten in my life.  It was awesome.  I am turning more and more Mexican everyday.  VIVA MEXICO!! VIVA!  

We have been teaching this family that is so amazing!  Roberto and Anayeli.   They have a 2 year old boy named Jason and a 1 year old little girl named Madaline.  They want to be baptized so bad but Anayeli needs to get divorced first.  Her husband left her 6 years ago and went to the United States.  It was a super sad situation.  He left her with two small little babies.  The difficult thing is that the divorce might take a while if her husband says he doesnt want a divorce.  It will be really easy if he says yes.  His mom that lives here in Tejupilco will just have to sign for him. So that was kind of difficult.  

Someone told Elder Machen and I what happened on Friday (He is referring to the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connectticut).  That is so sad to me.  It really breaks my heart.  What would make someone do that.  If people just loved each other this would never happen.  It is so sad.  But that just means that its getting closer and closer.  I was thinking yesterday about how much my Mission has changed my life so far.  It is so amazing to see the kind of person that the Lord is making me.  I know without a doubt that this church is true.  Seeing the ways that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed people's lives.  How much peace and joy that comes through this Gospel.  I am so grateful to be a part of this Gospel.  I am so grateful for this chance that I have to bring this Gospel to others who are so lost and trying to find the truth that the Gospel brings.  I know how happy this Gospel has made me and others.  It is the greatest thing to know the happiness that the Gospel brings.  I love you all so much.  

 Always and forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment