Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Email received 06/13/12


Hola, Mom,

Well, you're right about that whole drinking out of a fire hose kind of thing.  Its OK though.  My trainer, Elder Sylvestre(he is American) and I were assigned to open up a new area.  It is really crazy here.  The city is huge.  It's an endless sea of houses. 

We went tracting for the first time yesterday.  We met the bishop and some of the ward members.  The bishop's wife gave us food last night because we didn't have anything to eat all day.  It was soooo good.  We have no food in our apartment.  Our apartment is super small but we have a really nice view of the city.  We have permission to go shopping for food today and to email.  My p-day is on Monday and I will usually email in the morning. 


I am super excited to start working.  Even though I don't know half or most of the stuff anyone says, I will get better as time goes on.  I am doing really well.  I am feeling a little weird being here but I just have to get used to it.  I am trying so hard to do the best I can and to just focus on my work.  I know that the Lord will bless me.  I have no doubt about that.  My time here is precious, even though two years seems like forever and I miss you all so much. 

Yesterday I felt bad because I had no idea what I was doing. I felt so overwhelmed, but we watched a movie with a talk by Elder Holland.  He spoke about how we can't expect our missions to be easy.  He was like, "Do you think when Christ died it was easy for Him?  Do you think when He took upon himself every single person's sins it was easy for Him?  Do you think when He was spat upon, mocked, and had nails driven through His hands, wrists, and feet it was easy for him?  No."  Ever since then, I have just thought about that.  I owe everything to Him.  The least I can do is sacrifice two years dedicated to Him. 

I miss you all so much.  The language is tough.  My apartment is meager.  Adjusting is hard for me, but it's worth it.  Saving lives, bringing them unto Christ is worth all of my heart, because Christ suffered everything for every one of us personally.  It's hard, but I can do it.  I have my whole heart and faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He is my rock.  He is my Savior.  He is my Redeemer,  Jesus Christ. 

I love you all so much.  I love the people here.  They are amazing.  You are all in my prayers.  You are my driving force.  You make me want to work as hard as I can because of your love for the Savior and for this Gospel.  I love you so much.

Always and forever,
Elder Michael Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment