Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Email received 06/09/12


Hi Mom,

First off I want to thank you for the birthday gifts.  They made my day.  I loved the pictures!!  I love the ipod shuffle!!  Too bad I can't listen to it until I get into Mexico! 

Speaking of Mexico...I leave for the field on Monday...Well last week after we put our letters in the mail and got done emailing we got a note in the mail from the travel office saying we would go to the Mexican consulate on Monday.  So that right there meant we were leaving on time.  So yeah I should be calling later today with the details. 

But yeah, ummm, the spider you sent last week has been giving my companions some fun.  I have been scared to sleep at night for a solid week. 

Well in-field training was long, but good. 

We are going to the temple today.  Hermano Hardy's last day was on Thursday.  He isn't going to be teaching here anymore.  But because of that, he is going to the temple with us today.  I am super Excited.  Then, after we leave, in a few weeks, Hermana Baum is going to Bogata Colombia to teach English.  I told her that is where Dad went on his mission. 

This week I started reading 2 Nephi and I fell in love with Isaiah.  I have been getting Nervous this week because I am leaving on Monday.  But Hermana Baum read D&C 88 to me.  There will be angels round about me holding me up,  on my right side and on my left side. 

My faith being here in the MTC has grown astronomically.  It is so amazing to see how far someone can come.  I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is there.  I Know without a doubt that Jesus Christ is holding me up.  There are things that have happened to me here in the MTC that are nothing short of Miracles.  I cannot wait to teach the Gospel.  The phrase, "Bringing Hope to a world that has Lost Hope.  Bringing Light to an ever Darkening world." has been going through my mind for the past couple weeks.  This is exactly what I am doing.  There are people who have lost hope.  Who can't see the light but are looking for something or someone to bring it to them to give them hope, peace, love in this world.  That amidst the fighting and killing and prideful World there is hope.  I believe with all my heart that God's power comes through love.  By love follows everything.  If people in this world came to a knowledge of what TRUE love is there wouldn't be a world like this one.  But that is what I think the Millenium is going to be like.  One of the biggest things I have learned from being here in the MTC is what TRUE love is, God-like love, loving someone you don't even know.  That has been a huge testimony-builder to me, even within a world that has lost hope, that has lost the light, that has lost Love.  There is hope.  There is light.  There is Love.  It is Him. The Lord.  The Redeemer.  The Savior.  He is Jesus Christ.  He is the Way.  He gave EVERYTHING for each and everyone of us.  Through Him life itself is possible. 

With all my love and with all my heart,
Always and forever,
Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment