Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, June 25, 2012

Email received 06/25/12 FIRST BAPTISMS


This week has been really crazy.  I have had a lot of cool things happen.  On Saturday, we went on splits with the zone.  I went with one of the zone leaders.  We taught a man we met while we were contacting.  He is so awesome.  I shared a scripture with him about faith and trials.  The Spirit was there so strong.  I really hope he gets baptized.

We walked a lot on Saturday.  OK, more than normal.  The zone leaders have two areas, so that really humbled me because I saw how hard they worked.  That made me want to work just as hard.  That night while I was with Elder Sanchez, we taught this young family that just had a baby.  The father wasn't older than 18.  In Mexico, that is really common.  He told us he had a "man cave".  We walked in there and there were so many bad pictures and photos.  Elder Sanchez told him he couldn't have the Spirit in his home and receive revelation for his family with these pictures hanging up.  The father gave us permission to tear them down.  And that's what we did.  We took all of those pictures and ripped them up.  It was such a cool experience to do that.  He told us he felt so much better having those pictures down.  

That same day, two elders from our zone were beat up,  twice,  by the same people,  within a matter of 20 minutes.  It was super crazy.  I feel so bad for them.  

Yesterday was probably the best day I have had in the field so far.  We baptized a family.  Jesus, Pilar, Edgar, and Viviana all got baptized.  That was such an amazing experience.  We have been teaching them since I have been in the field.  I really love that family.  The love and the joy that I saw in their faces made all my hard times here worth it.  I had the opportunity to baptize Edgar and Jesus.  I messed up, but that's alright.  Did I mention I threw up right before the baptism?  Yeah, I started to feel sick like two hours before that and I thought I just had a stomach ache but it just got worse.  I had been praying so hard that I would feel well enough to perform the baptism, but I threw up.  Then it was a miracle; I felt fine right after that.  But right after the baptism I felt sick again.  I am still not feeling good at all.  I feel super sick.  We are pretty sure I have food poisoning.  So I have to drink water and Gatorade for the next few days.  I cant eat food until tomorrow.  That's alright; I know the Lord is watching over me.  All of my pains and trials are worth it...  saving lives... saving families...  everything that I have gone through is worth it all.  

I love you all so much.  Remember to build your foundation on Christ.  I know that if you do you will not fall.

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

I attached pictures to this so I hope it worked.  We got one pic.  It is added top left.

No comments:

Post a Comment