Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Email received 05/27/13


Hey family,

Wow sounds like this past week was really great.  I am really sad to hear about (LOVED ONES).  I will pray for them. 

This week was such a great week.  We had so many miracles happen.  Gabriel the man I told you all about last week was baptized yesterday.  He has such a desire to follow Christ.  Being able to see this change in him is so amazing.  I am so very grateful for this. 

We have been teaching a daughter of a less active family.  She told us that she wanted to get baptized but nothing came out of it.  She said that she would get baptized for like three or four weeks now.  But it has not happened.  They were baptized two or three years ago but they have not been too church since their baptism.  Instead they got like 15 times a month to the Universal Church.  We talked with Elizabeth (the daughter) a few days ago and asked her if we could visit with her and she told us we couldn't because she was going to be at that church.  We have talked to a lot of people that go to that church and they all say that it is a true church because they do miracles.  We were really upset about this.  I will not say anything about other churches but this one really upsets me because we were trying to set a goal with the family to enter the temple.  The thing is that Satan can do miracles.  He will fool us with anything. He uses other churches to lure us away from the truth.  We must be so very careful.  It is very rarely that he flat out lies to us.  He can even trick us into feeling good about sinning.  The way we must avoid this is by doing the small and simple things.  Reading the Scriptures going to church praying are all things we must do to avoid these things in our life.


Elder Porter and I were talking last night.  I was telling him some doubts that I had.  He told me something that really changed my mission and my life.  He told me I need to LIVE the gospel of Christ.  We teach it every day:  Faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, Enduring to the End.  He was telling me that this gospel is a lifetime thing.  We are baptized once but we MUST take the sacrament EVERY week to be worthy to keep the spirit with us.  But when it is a process we can't just cant say the same person.  Enduring to the End means we can't go back to the person we were before.  We have to stay in constant motion.  It is the ONLY way we can become perfect.  I have been struggling a lot with thinking lies about myself, things that are not true.  Satan works his way into our lives with little thoughts about us.  Through doubting.  But if we doubt we cant have faith.  And when we do not have faith we cannot do the other things.  Without faith we will not be moved to Repent for the things we do wrong.  We must remember who we are:  Children of our Father in Heaven.  We cannot be trapped in the lie of saying that we are not good enough.  We are.  It is a flat out lie.  But we must go on.  We must Endure to the End and NEVER return to who we were.  I will NEVER return to who I was before my mission.  I am so grateful for this principal.   

Satan will always be attacking us but if we are built on the Rock of Jesus Christ WE WILL NOT FALL.

I love you all thank you for the prayers.

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment