Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Email received 06/03/13


HOLA MI FAMILIA!

It really sounds like you all are going to have such a fun summer.  I am really excited for all of you.  It also makes me SOOO happy to hear that Jovi was blessed yesterday! 

This week was a really interesting week.  We had five people that were supposed to be baptized yesterday but all of the dates fell and none of them went through.  Really it was hard but all week I was thinking of what Elder Porter told me.  I have really seen my self grow this past week in faith.  This whole week I was thinking of FAITH and even though none of these baptisms went through I know it's just a "trial of my Faith".  I am so grateful for this trial actually.  I have really seen what kind of potential I have and what I am capable of.  I think without this experience I would not have learned this.  So it is a testimony to me that we learn through our trials.  That is why we have them.  President Villarreal told us that we should be asking our Father in Heaven for more trials so that we can learn and grow.  I really know and feel that this is true.

The reason why 4 of these investigators didn't get baptized yesterday was because the mom got in a fistfight with the wife of one of his sons.  She told us that she did not feel well enough to get baptized.  When we were talking with them it was probably the most intense lessons of my life.  She was just so upset.  We felt so bad for her.  She had always had a problem with her daughter in law but it had never come down to fists.  We told her that Satan was trying to get her to be baptized.  When we let our guard down is when he strikes.  Especially when we are trying to do something that is so big like being baptized.  He is always trying to prevent us from progressing.  He is always trying to make us feel sad upset uncomfortable or that we are not worthy to pray or go to church.  We must not let us in.  We must do all we can to keep him out.  This family will get baptized next week.  They really want this peace in their lives.  I am so grateful for them. 

I love you all and I am so grateful for the things that you all do for me. 
  
Always and forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment