Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Email received 03/10/14


Hey Mom,

This week was a really good week.  We had a lot of success.  We baptized the familia Castro yesterday.  It was such a wonderful experience to see them embrace the Lord.  It was a heartfelt experience for me. 

The Sisters still are not seeing success.  They had two daughters from an inactive family this week that they were going to baptize but the parents are really hard hearted.  They really didn't want their daughters to be baptized.  I think it is because they don't want to go back to church.  They left the church when other members were doing things.  They lost their drive to keep going forward.  This happened right when they started to prepare to enter the temple.  Satan always strikes the hardest when we are doing what's right.  So this was really hard for them.  But that's all right.  The Sisters will have success. 

Well it was a really cool experience on Saturday in the bus.  We contacted the bus again.  While we were talking the Spirit just came over me and we were just testifying with pure power.  It was so awesome.  That was the first time that this has happened while contacting a bus. 

The Lord is with me; I can feel him.  It has been a bit hard lately because Satan is tempting me so much.  He has not stopped tempting me.  It is a constant battle.  I am so tired.  It has been really hard with this lately.  But it really helps me to think that I do not want to disappoint my Father in Heaven.  I am trying so hard to give it all I can these next few weeks. 

A young man in my ward just got back from his mission this past week and yesterday he spoke in church.  He talked a lot about obedience to the commandments of God.  It was such a powerful talk.  I am 100 % obedient.  It is not easy.  But I am trying so hard to be.  I pray for strength every day that the Lord might be with me.  It is hard but I know that the Lord will bless me.  Today is a new day.  We have to live every moment with this hope.  That whatever we do we have to pick ourselves back up and keep going.  We can't get down when we fall.  We have to stay up and then get back up.  Satan can never get a true hold of us when we don't loose our hope and faith.  I have noticed that when Satan knows we make a mistake, there Satan is again tempting us by putting words and thoughts into our heads to try and keep us down.  But we cannot let him win.  We must keep him out even if we fall.  Just pick ourselves up again.  It's hard.  But we can do it.  The Lord knows the intentions of our hearts. 

I love you so much Mom.  Thank you for all you do for me.  And for the support you show me.

Always and Forever

Elder Hancock 
Helaman 5:12
Alma 46:21

No comments:

Post a Comment