Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, March 3, 2014

Email received 03/03/14


My dearest mother,

This past week was so great.  It was a bit stressful.  Satan is throwing all sorts of things at me to try do get me down but I will not give into it.  This family of three that we found a few weeks ago, Julian didn't get married or baptized this week.  What we found out is that, technically, in the system Julian doesn't exist.  He has no birth certificate, identification, or anything.  We have to check really well about that.  

But on the other side the Familia Castro, Armando, Evelyn, Taña, Mariela, and Angela are all doing awesome.  They are getting baptized Sunday.  They are so amazing.  I love this family so much.  I know I came to Huixquilucan for a reason.  There are people waiting for me.  People I must find and help them come back to the fold.

The Hermanas are still struggling.  They are working so hard.  But they are just not seeing the Fruits of their labors.  They are really having a hard time bringing people to church.  This is my biggest concern right now.  But last Tuesday we had such an amazing district meeting.  I knew that it was exactly what they needed.  But I walked out of the Meeting feeling ready to go home.  I am not worried anymore.  (I know that you might take that wrong but don't worry.  I am working so hard.  I will to the very last day.  I just don't have any regrets.)  

I was reading my patriarchal blessing last week and the word valiant kept standing out to me, making me want to know what that word really means.  So I looked up the meaning.  It means not to fear and not to fear to do what is right.  That hit me so hard.  So I talked about being valiant in the district meeting.  It goes right along with what you said, that Fear is of the Adversary and faith is of the Savior.  I love that.  It makes me think of what Mormon says: "I do not fear what Men do, because I have authority of God. For a perfect love casteth out all fear."  I love this scripture.  

I am going out to let people know of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and let people know of the great plan of happiness that our loving Heavenly Father has prepared for us.  I am a Representative of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He has called me to bring back his lost sheep.  And that is exactly what I will do.  For the next Four weeks.  You can take the missionary out of the mission but you can't take the mission from the missionary. 

I love you so much Mom. 

Always and forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12
Moroni 8:16

No comments:

Post a Comment