Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, March 24, 2014

Email received 03/24/14


My dearest mother,
          
Danny extended his mission a change.  He gets home May 20.  He is working so hard.  I have really seen a change in him.  He is such a good example to me.  He is my greatest friend.  I owe my life to him.  I love him so much.  I am so so so happy with the success he is having in his mission.  When we get home it will be like when Alma and the sons of Mosiah when they saw each other for the first time in 14 years. 

This week was an awesome week.  Marvin decided not to get baptized this past week.  But he is going to get baptized this week.  He will be my last baptism.  It will be so awesome.  He is such an example to me.  How powerful of a testimony he has of the church and he isn't even a member yet.  He is awesome.  I love him so much.

I hope you don't get mad but I shared your wonderful knowledge with my district this past week.  It is truly inspired what you write.  Always.  My district says hi.  And thanks for the message.  I am so grateful.  They are so awesome.  Hermana Sanchez and Hermana Villalva.  They are still not seeing success but they are working so hard.  They are not losing focus.  I am so grateful for the examples they are for me. 

I had my last interview with President Whitehead.  I love that man.  He is my Hero.  He cleared up my doubts.  I was a little worried about what will happen after the mission but not anymore.  I told him that I am ready to go home.  I love the mission and I am sad to leave.  But I am ready to go home.  I served valiantly. 

I love the mission.  It has changed me.  More important like you said Mom.  It has transformed my life.  I now know what is the most important.  I love my Savior.  I love my Father in Heaven.  Keeping my eyes fixed on the Kingdom of Heaven has helped me fight temptation.  I will never yield to temptation.  Never again will I let Satan in the door and let him have power over me.  Never again will I look back and go back to who I was before.  I know who I am now.  I am a child of God, an Heir to his Kingdom.  I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.  "I know who I am.  I know Gods plan.  I will follow him with faith."  Forever have I been changed.  Through my Savior have I been saved.  Through my Savior have I been broken from the Bonds of sin. 

But two things I will forever thank, My mission and My xxxxx.  I love my mission.  I am grateful for the change that it has brought me. 

Long Live La Gran Mision Mexico ciudad de Mexico Oeste

I will always be a missionary of this great mission, the one that has changed my life forever.  The Presidents Missionaries and the People.  I love Mexico and the people so much. 

You can take the missionary out of the mission, but you can't take the mission from the missionary.

Always and Forever.... A disciple of Jesus Christ.

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment