Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, January 20, 2014

Email received 01/13/14


Dear Mother,
 
This week was a really good week.  I am so So grateful that I am with Elder Silva.  He has such a good desire to work.  He is a convert in the church.  He is the only member in his family.  He has two years as a member.  And has one year in the mission.  He is a great example for me.  I am so grateful for his love of being a missionary.  

We worked so hard this week.  But we found out some pretty hard things that are going on here in Plateros.  There are a lot of members here in Plateros but on average only about 60 of these members are active.  We visited a less active family on Saturday and the dad told us some really sad news.  He told us when he was baptized the members treated him bad and things like that.  And when he went to church he felt a heavy feeling in the church.  After that experience they left the church.  It was shortly after their baptism.  I love this family a lot and it makes me really sad to here that this is going on.  We are going to get them back to church.  

On the good hand Karen.  The atheist.  Is getting baptized next week.  She completely changed her heart.  Well the Lord did.  It is a complete miracle.  Before she disagreed with the law of chastity and we went to visit her a few days ago and it completely changed.  I have never met any investigator that understands the law of chastity so well.  That really sees why the Lord gave us this commandment.  She is reading the Book of Mormon.  And basically taught us the Restauracion.  It is so amazing for me to see the steps that she has made in her life.  I think she sees the difference between the world and this wonderful Gospel.  She told us that it this year she ran into a lot of Mormons.  That she didn't know why because it had never happened before.  She told us that she started making friends with a lot of them but she didn't know why.  Until know.  God was making her see.  It was the gateway to let us in.  It is such a blessing and a miracle to be able to she this change that she is making in her life.  Our Heavenly Father still works miracles among us.  

Also, Adriana, the Mother of Fernanda (the Joven that was baptized last week) is also getting baptized on Sunday.  She is so amazing.  Adriana didn't let any of the missionaries in until us.  She went to the church for the First time and loved it.  Future Relief Society President.  No better.  Future Primary President.  She has no problems with accepting any of the Doctrine.  She loves going to church.  She feels the peace that the gospel brings.  She feels the love that God has for her.  We are getting everything ready for this Sunday.  It will be so amazing.  I love it so much.  

I love being a missionary, although it gets hard sometimes.  I make mistakes, really stupid mistakes.  But I know that we are not perfect.  But we can never stop in the process of perfection.  I know that the Lord will always be there.  My bishop told me something that Jesus loved the sinners.  It's true.  I love this church.  I love this gospel and I love this work.  I feel closer and closer to my Heavenly father everyday.  I love you so much thank you for the support that you all show me.  

Always and forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12
Ether 12:27

No comments:

Post a Comment