Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, January 6, 2014

Email received 11/25/13


Hey Mom,


I am really happy that everything went really well with your talks.  I would really like to read those.   Because a calling does not come from the bishop it comes from God.  He will never give us something that we cannot do.  That is something that I have learned in my mission.  That at times it seems impossible to complete but the Lord is just asking us to have faith and confidence in him.  

Transfer day.  I left Camarones and am now in a new area called Plateros.  Tacubaya.  It was really sad to leave Camarones.  I love Camarones so much. It is one of my favorite wards.  I love a lot of people there.  We went to get some pictures with the people I really loved.  My new companion is Elder Rosas.  I was with him in Tejupilco when he first started his mission.  I am so excited to work with him.  He is really excited so this change will be really great.  Today when we were on our way to our new areas I saw my "mom", Elder Johnson, my 2nd companion in the mission field.  He was on his way to the offices.  He goes home on Thanksgiving.  It struck me really hard how fast time is going.  When he was my companion he had 8 months in the mission.  I had 4.  That was over a year ago.  He is going to visit you all when he goes down to Utah.  

Well this week went really well.  We have been working really hard.  Nancy and her little boy Tonathu were going to be baptized Saturday but they decided to postpone it until the next Saturday when all of her family comes down to see it.  I am a little sad because I won't see them be baptized but that's ok.  Tonathu reminds me a lot of Eli.  I went to Primary with him yesterday.  It was really awesome.  

It was hard saying goodbye to the Familia Leos.  I felt like I left the family in a really hard time.  Hermana Susana is close to giving up.  She is your twin mom.  The things she says and does are just like you.  And what she does with her kids you did with us.  But she is struggling with the kids.  They do not want to go to church.  She also told us that she went to go see her daughter Friday (the mom of Sebastian and Laura) but she was really drugged out.  She wants nothing to do with Sebastian and Laura.  It is really sad.  Heart breaking.  And Jonothan doesn't want anything to do with the church now.  He was not there when we went by yesterday.  I was so so so sad.  He has a girlfriend that is Christiana that is putting thoughts into his head.  She is pulling him away from the church.  It breaks my heart when I see the people I love straying from the church.  He is looking for happiness in the things of the world but the truth is that it is going to bring him to his destruction.  But it's ok. I know that the Lord will look after this amazing family.

I am so happy to be a missionary.  This is how we have happiness in this life.  There is no other way.  If we want to be happy we have to keep the commandments.  I love you so much Mom.  I am so grateful for the example that you set for me.  I love you so much.  Have a great week.  

Always and Forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment