Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, January 6, 2014

Email received 11/18/13


HI Mom,


It's really great that you and dad had so much fun.  It's exactly what you two needed, a break from everything.  Yes you are correct.  About the two.  It is really nice to know that everything is going really well.  Mom, if you have a really hard time writing your talk you could always use D&C 107:99-100.  It's a strong scripture but its true.  Do not worry.  Pray for the guidance while preparing.  And pray for the Spirit to help you to say the things that He wants you to know.  In one way or another I know exactly how you feel.  You will do just fine.  You always have the Spirit and always say the things that you need to you are quick to act on the promptings of the Spirit.

This week was a really good week.  On Friday we had a Gira with the Seventy Elder De Hoyos.  It was such an amazing conference.  I learned so much.  I think I might have something that you could use in your talk.  I can't quote it perfectly but Elder De Hoyos said, "For the rest of our lives we need to feel tired, in the sense that we are tired of the building up the kingdom of God.  Everything we do must be dedicated to the building up the kingdom of God upon the Earth."  It is our responsibility to build up his kingdom.  

On Saturday Karina was baptized.  It was one of the most beautiful baptism services I have been to in my whole mission.  At first there was no one there.  The bishop wasn't even there.  I called Cassiel and he called a few of the members.  I am so grateful for him.  But him another hermano and the Friend of Karina, Jackelin, all bore strong testimonies that brought the Spirit flooding into the room.  By the end there were so many members.  I love this area a lot.  I am so happy for Karina.  She is going to be such a strong and faithful member.  (Future Relief Society ...no....Future Primary President)  

I studied Joy today in my studies.  It hit me so hard.  Comparing how I was before my mission and now.  The joy I have in my life.  It hit me so hard that I went into the room to thank my Father in heaven.  I felt so joyful and happy that tears started streaming down my face.  Pleasure is not happiness.  The world says it is happiness but it is false.  The only way we can EVER be happy is through Christ.  ONLY through Christ.  I know this is true.  I have felt it.  Experience it all the time now.  Yes life is hard.  But we can only be happy through Christ.  I love you so much Mom.  Have a good week and good luck on your talk. 


Always and Forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment