Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, January 6, 2014

Email received 12/02/13


Hey Mom,

This week was a really good week.  We worked super hard this week.  I have met some really good people here in Plateros.  It is a really great ward although yesterday in Sacrament there were like 57 people in church.  It looked like a branch.  It was actually really sad.  And Elder Rosas told me that it was a high number for a Sunday.  We spent the whole week visiting less active members.  There are a lot in this ward.  

We have been "teaching" an atheist girl named Karen.  She reminds me a ton of you.  I think you were exactly like her when you had 19 years.  She wants to be a biologist.  And she loves classic Rock.  It's really interesting teaching her.  She went to church yesterday, which really surprised me.  She went with her mom.  But I think that she really felt something in church.  I am really hoping.  We will visit her sometime this week to see how things went.  

We also have been teaching a man named Fidel.  (Referral from Karen).  They only taught him once before I came.  He told them that he and his mom had been from church to church looking for the truth.  He told them that he found it.  We went with him this week.  He is so amazing.  He really wants to be baptized.  He is reading the Book of Mormon and everything.  It is so amazing.  It makes me so happy when I see people accepting the Gospel and making changes in their lives 


Well have a good week.  I love you so much.  

Always and Forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment