Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Friday, May 11, 2012

Email received May 11, 2012

Hi Mom,

Thank you for talking to me about the shot thing.  I just wanted to make sure before I got it. 

I have spent a little money on some stuff here like a study journal and some Q-tips and that's about it.  I haven't spent any cash at all. I still have all of it with me.  I don't have any need to spend it.  I can't think of anything I need right now but I will get back to you if I do.  I talked to Sister Hope yesterday and she said she would call if I needed anything.  But before I leave I want to send all of my letters to you. 

So the whole time I have been here I have written in my Journal almost every night.  I have missed like one or two nights, that's it.  I am so happy about that.  I have made it a goal to write in my journal every day for the next two years. 

I have seen Danny a few times since he has been here.  I also saw Jordan Greenburg on Sunday at the Devotional.  It was so good to see him.  I have seen him a few times since then.  I have no idea what Danny's favorite treats are.  But I do know he likes Swedish fish a lot.  I see Derek Miller a lot like everyday.  His classroom is right down the hall from mine. 

I am doing so awesome.  I have been a little down because the language is still coming slow.  But I have amazing teachers.  One of my teachers I love so much.  Brother Hardy.  He plays guitar in a band and stuff so me and him really hit it off.  But I love him because he really cares.  He really wants to see me fulfill my purpose as a missionary. My other teacher Sister Baum is amazing, too.  I talked to Brother Hardy because I started to miss my guitar really bad and music and stuff.  My district keeps singing songs and stuff and "checking out" the sister missionaries so it has been really hard to let go of worldly things.  I talked to Brother Hardy and he told me to pray really hard to let it go because my time on a mission is really important.  He said I need to focus on the Savior and the people I am teaching.  And then he said, "On my mission I had the same problem.  But I asked heavenly father to help me with it and I made a promise with him that if I focus on my purpose and I don't think about guitar or music or anything like that I would be blessed.  And I was."  He said after he got back he played better than he ever had and he enjoyed it more than he ever had.  I know that's what I need to do.  He told me I need to immerse myself in the work and that if I do that the Lord will take care of everything else.  I know I need to do this.  I don't want to miss my guitar because I know that this is where I am supposed to be.  I know that the Lord will bless me. 

I think the most important thing is that I was willing to put everything aside and serve the Lord.  I know I am here for the right reasons.  I know that there are people waiting to hear the gospel.  I have such a strong testimony that my Savior, my Redeemer lives.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that he loves me, that he sacrificed for me personally.  I heard a cool thing from a talk:  they said that instead of the Savior taking on all of everyone's sins in the garden, He lived everyone's lives personally one by one.  Every happy, sad, eventful moment of our lives.  So when they say He has lived our lives for us He really has, for each and everyone of us.  I know Heavenly Father hears my prayers.  I know He knows my needs. 

So I have a cool story to tell you.  But I will wait and put it in the letter.  I love you so much.  I know that I have so much love and support behind me. 

Forever and Always,
Elder Michael Hancock

Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment