Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, May 14, 2012

Letter written May 11, 2012

Dear family,

It is so weird to think that, as of today, I have been here in the MTC for exactly a month.  First of all, I want to thank you all for writing and supporting me.  Just that thought, having you all behind me every step of the way, is a huge confidence booster and a big testimony builder.

This week is like the first week I haven't had any real crazy experiences.  I saw Danny a few times this week.  He is supposed to leave for Peru next week.  I am really excited for him.  I saw Jordon Greenburg last Sunday.  It was really good to see him.  He says he has 10 weeks here in the MTC before he goes to Japan.  So we will be in here for about the same time.  I am starting to get sick of the food here, but that's OK.  We play sand volleyball by the Temple for gym.  SO much fun.

I have a pretty cool story to tell you, family.  A few days ago, Hermano Hardy was telling us something he heard on his mission.  He said there are angels protecting us and that we have the ability to call on angels to help build us up.  He said he believes that our family on the other side helps us and gives us strength.  When I hear that, I thought that was so awesome and amazing, but I didn't really think anything of it after that.  But, this morning, I woke up and was having a harder time than usual.  I kept thinking about how much I was missing the things I left behind.  I have been praying so hard lately to not feel this way, because it is not good.  When I went to breakfast this morning, I saw a senior missionary that kind of reminded me of Grandpa, and right then, I thought of what Bro. Hardy said about angels protecting us and giving us comfort.  I felt immediately that Grandpa was helping me, watching over me.  I could feel him.  I knew he was helping me.  I know he gives me comfort and watches over me.  I know, without a doubt, that Heavenly Father hears my prayers.  I know that he knows me individually.

I know that Jesus Christ personally lived every second of my life in the Garden of Gethsemane.  I know that as you build upon the Rock of our Redeemer, which is Christ the Lord, you will not fall.  Never.

I love you all so much.

Always and Forever,

Elder Michael Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment