Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thank you for the dear elder this week.  I loved it, thank you.  I just got back from the temple.  It was so amazing.  When I walked outside, the view was amazing.  I had a really good week. 
I love you. 
Helaman 5:12

Mike's email was longer, but he spent most of the email asking questions and expressing concern for people he loves who are struggling in one way or another.  (I do not write about these things but superficially.  He seems to intuit more than he is told.)  To protect their privacy, I had to edit out 90% of the email.  He tends to tune into these things when he attends the temple.  He has at least mentioned this every week in his emails, and sometimes in his letters.  I think he is spending a great deal of time putting names on the prayer roll.  Isn't it miraculous that when we totally put ourselves in the hands of the Lord, commit our whole lives to doing His work, we start to forget about our issues and troubles and begin to focus our concern on the welfare (spiritual and temporal) of others.  That is when we begin to understand charity, the pure love of Christ.  Is it any wonder that the missionary regulations are so rigid? 


1 comment:

  1. Michael, every week your emails and letters inspire me. You have strengthened my testimony already. I am so proud of the work you are doing as a missionary. It is amazing that even though you aren't with us each week, I feel closer to you as a sister as you so openly and honestly share your experiences. I also wanted to let you know that Chenelle has been following your letters and emails on the blog and she has expressed her gratitude to me for the things you are writing. Like the rest of the family, she has been uplifted and inspired by your letters. I love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete