Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Letter received 5-26-12

May 25, 2012

Dear family,

This week was a really fun and crazy week.  On Sunday, we had the Provo Temple President come and talk to us about the temple and why it is so important.  It really was an amazing talk.

Elder McMillan and I had a really cool experience.  We were supposed to be teaching one of our teachers, and we didn't know what to teach her.  The objective was to try to bring her unto Christ.  The hard thing was that we were teaching her as herself.  We had no idea what to teach her because she already knows everything.  When we were talking to her, Elder McMillan had a feeling that we should teach patience.  We didn't know why, but we taught it anyway.  When we were teaching, the Spirit was so strong.  After the ending prayer, Sis. Baum told us she could feel the Spirit so strong, and she said that was what she needed to hear.  It was such a cool experience.

A few days later, we had another experience when we were doing a door approach with one of our teachers.  It was so hard.  We stood in his doorway for like 15 minutes trying to explain to him why the Nephites were destroyed.  But his question was, "Why did God let the disaster happen in Haiti a few years ago?"  We couldn't understand what he was saying.  When he said, "Haiti," it sounded like he was saying, "I.T."  It was so tough.  We eventually said that God destroyed them because they were wicked.  So because we couldn't understand him, what we told him was that the people in Haiti were wicked, thus destroyed.  It was pretty bad, like a total nose dive into the ground.  But it was actually a lot of fun.  It is getting me EXCITED!!

We have about 2 weeks until our departure date.  I can't believe how fast time has gone.  It feels like I have only been gone for a few days.  But really I have been gone for almost 7 weeks!  It is so weird.

So, I might get my travel plans this week.  If I don't, that probably means I am going to be reassigned.  We are all having a lot of trouble with visas.  Well, really, just the visas for Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina.  One of the districts in my zone were supposed to go to Argentina and they were all reassigned.  One of those elders was here for 12 weeks.  As far as I know, that will happen to my district.  I really don't mind.

I know the Lord will provide a way.  I know He knows exactly how I feel.  He knows me personally and wants me to work as hard as I can.  There are angels watching over me.  The angels of the family members of those I will teach watch over me.  I can also fell Grandpa with me.  I pray for you guys multiple times a day.  I know there are angels watching over each and every one of  you.  I know without a doubt that the Lord knows me and my needs.  He knows I worry about the safety and well-being of you all.  I know He is mindful of you and will bless you all.  I love you all so much, each and every one of you.

Always and forever,
Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment