Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, May 14, 2012

Excerpt from Mother's Day card received May 12, 2012

Ever since I left, what Grandma said to me keeps ringing in my ears.  She said, "Missionaries sacrifice their families for two years so that others can be with their families forever."  I love that quote so much.  Your hope and your testimonies that you seal shut, inside and encased in a letter that you send to me, and for me, alone, makes my day so much brighter.  Those letters bring hope, love, and peace from you and from the family.  Your testimony and your love for the Savior says it all to me.  It makes my testimony stronger.

Kirsten told me, "Even though you are far away from your family, you carry them with you wherever you go."  Because of that, I truly feel the love that you have for me.  I don't feel alone.  And with the letters you send, that feeling is reassured.  You are the love, the light, the inspiration to keep going, so that I can be a savior on Mt. Zion.  I know my Heavenly Father loves me.  I owe everything I have to my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  With every letter you send, born inside is your testimony.  It strengthens me and I know the Lord is blessing you and the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment