Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Email received 01/28/13


Hey family! 

That is so great to hear about Adam.  I cant believe he is getting married this week.  This week was a good week.  Yesterday was kind of a disappointing day.  A lot of people had said they were going to church but not one person showed up.  So that was kind of disappointing.  Its ok we just have to keep moving on and climbing those mountains in front of us.  We confirmed three people yesterday.  Really it is a gift that is so special.  Really it is such a special experience when we see the light fill someone's eyes.  Tomorrow we have a special Meeting with Elder Nelson Tomorrow.  We are all so excited.  All of the Missionaries in Mexico City are going.  We just found out Today.  We are all going to the MTC to see him.  I am super excited to see the temple.  The temple is outside our mission so we cant ever go.  But it will be great.

We have been teaching so many good people.  People who really a looking for this gospel in their lives.  One of the people we are teaching is Marisela.  Her husband left her years ago with 3 little kids.  We went by to see her and just seeing the hurt and pain and struggles in her eyes was really a humbling experience.  Just knowing how much this gospel will touch her heart and the burden and aches and pains will be made lighter through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Last week in our Meeting with our Zone,  the Zone Leaders told us about trials in our missions and compared them to Mountains.  They said that we all have these.  But every time we get to the top of these mountains we get closer to our Heavenly Father.  But if we never Had these mountains we would stay on flat ground and stay complacent.  He said that these trials these mountains in our lives make us stronger.  That we should ask our Heavenly Father to give us these trials.  This really opened up my eyes really touched me.  Because really the trials in my mission has made me different.  Better.  Changed me even.  And this is what we shared with Marisela.  When we have these trials in our lives without the gospel it is so hard to get over the mountain.  Maybe there is no point in climbing these mountains.  But with the gospel.  With the Atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ we will be lifted it will be made easy.  When we said this the spirit was so strong.  

Feeling the spirit so strong testifying of the truth is such a special experience.  It is the best feeling in the world being a tool in the Lords hands.  There is nothing in my  way in finding every single person the Lord wants me to find.  Yes it is hard.  Yeah I have had my share of difficulties but the good experiences outweigh the bad.  I am so grateful for the Atonement.  And what it really means in my life and in the lives of my investigators.  I feel so blessed.  So lucky to be In this great Mission.  Remember how much the Lord loves you.  Remember that He lives that He is on his knees pleading that we choose the right.  That we do all we can to make it back to him.  I love you.  Thank you for the prayers and support.  I love you all with all the fiber of my being.  

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12



This is our special Friend Rocky.  He's the dog of the owner of our house.  We tried giving him a bath today but it didn't work out to well.  Yeah he wasn't very happy with us.  So he doesn't look happy in this picture

No comments:

Post a Comment