Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Emaill received 04/29/13


Hey Family,

Well this week was a bit of a struggle.  I had a bit of a hard time with my companion.  It is really hard to work with him sometimes.  He is a really great missionary but he does not like to work much and so working hard and being diligent this past week was really hard.  But he has really taught me so much.  I really felt down this past week just trying so hard to do what's right is so hard sometimes especially when you are with someone that doesn't really want to do the things.  But Thursday morning my heart felt really heavy,  when all I wanted to do was just give up.  I prayed so hard to help me find something that would help me.  To strengthen me once again.  I was reading in Ether 12 that just blew me away.  Verse 27 answered my prayers.  It says that if we come to Christ the Lord will show us our weaknesses.  It says that He shows us our weaknesses so that we will humble ourselves before Him and if we are humbled before Him he will give unto us grace.  And if we are humble before Him and if we have faith in Him he will make our weaknesses our strengths.  It was something that strengthened me so much.  

We had changes today.  My new companion is Elder Porter.  He is really awesome he is from South Jordan.  He has 10 months in the Mission.  I stayed here in Roma.  In Zocalo.  The Center of Mexico City.  Its super cool I love it here.  I am super Excited to work with him.  We are going to have a lot of success this change.  

I am really sorry this is a short email.  I love you all thank you for everything. You all are in my prayers.


Always and Forever
Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment