Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Email received 04/22/13


Dear Family,

This week was really good week.  We worked so hard.  Elder Mendoza is a great missionary.  Its weird to think we are coming up on another change.  We are excited to see what happens with changes.  We don't know if I stay or Elder Mendoza stays.  But we are really anxious to find out what happens. 

There was an earthquake last night around 8:30.  We were walking down the street and we saw a lot of people outside of their house.  We were wandering what was going on than we heard a member from our ward call out to us and told us there was an earthquake happening.  We didn't feel anything until she said something.  It was super weird.  It was just an aftershock the epicenter was in Michoacan.  I think they said it was like a 5.7 or something we don't really know the details just that the Missionaries that are there had a good wakeup call.  Second tiny one in the past two weeks.  cool experience.

We had a miracle happen yesterday.  We were sitting in church with no investigators.  We had passed by with all of our investigadores but all of them were sleeping and didn't answer the door or were  not home.  I got to admit I was a little bit disappointed.  At the End of the meeting we had a man walk up to us and introduce us to his girlfriend Patricia.  He said that she was investigating the church and wanted to learn more.  We taught her just about everything in the church because she told us that she had a lot of doubts and questions.  we kept answering her questions and then she told us that she had had a really cool experience at conference two weeks ago.  She told us that she just kept having a feeling but she didn't know what it was.  We talked about baptism with her.  We invited her to be baptized she said yes but as soon as possible.  We were so happy that we had to restrain ourselves from leaping out of our chairs and shouting for joy.   that same day we taught her everything and was baptized.  that was her first time talking with the missionaries.  Not once in my mission so far has this happened to me.  It is something I am so grateful for.  I felt a bit bad this past week because we were working so hard but not having very much success.  When we do the things that we need to do to the Best of our ability the Lord will do his part.  We will be blessed.  Something very powerful I learned.  Proof to me that we have a loving Heavenly Father who does love us so much that He is begging for us to keep His commandments so that he can give us blessings.  But He will always do His part but us first must do ours. 

At times it is hard to keep the commandments.  But if we keep them we will enter the Kingdom of God.  If we do these simple things that we know we will have this blessing together as a family.  I love you all so much. 

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12



PS.  Mom I ran out of money.  Could you send me some more please?  I am really sorry.  I will do better.  I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment