Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Email received 04/08/13


Hey Family,

This week was a good week.  We have been working really hard for the Lord.  We baptized Isabel yesterday.  I didn't know her at all when she was baptized.  Elder Ballesteros said that she had been investigating the church for years.  He told me that they had tried to get her baptized a few times but didn't want to.  I believe it is because of General Conference yesterday.  After the ordinance she gave a testimony that just blew us all away!  With the words "I know I am in the ONLY true church of Jesus Christ"  it was so awesome to hear that.  That is my first time hearing that.  It made me so happy.  She was so happy.  Feeling such peace is powerful.

Last Monday we met with a members husband who is Testigos de Jehova.  We walked in there really expecting to be talking about the Book of Mormon or how Christ is Jehovah, but instead he told us that he was done with God.  That he believes that God is not loving and merciful.  It was super sad to hear this.  Such desperation such sadness in a mans voice.  He told us that he is an ex Police Officer and seeing the things he saw drove him to this point.  Looking at this from his perspective is really hard.  Just being Missionaries walking down the streets and seeing such sad horrible things is really hard.  But knowing the tricks of the Devil.  Knowing that he is leading people down slowly.  Leading away the hearts of men.  It is really hard to see the light when we don't have it.  We asked him if he could pray.  Really pray to his father in Heaven if He is there.  If he really loves us.  It was really hard to see him say know.  We started talking about pride.  How pride was the first sin ever committed.  Lucifer denied the Plan of Our Savior because of the Pride he had.  Because of the spirit that was there I really believed that he had a change of heart.  He said that that night he would pray with all the faith that he has.  It was really a sad and happy moment to see.  

Last week we visited a in active member named Linda.  She is 104 years old.  She expressed her sadness for not going to church.  She said that she is not able to go to church because of the conditions she is in.  Because she lives alone it is really hard to do things.  It really hit me how strong of a desire she had to go to church.  Something we all take for granted.  It made me so grateful for what I have.  Because of her strong sweet spirit that she has.  We take it for granted the little things that we have.  A house food money, our health.  These things are so big.  Seeing her desire to go to church made me think really hard about what we do at church that keeps us charged and ready for the attacks of Satan.  We need to remember the little things that we have and really take them for what they are.  For how they have been blessings given to us by our loving Father in Heaven.  

In our Zone Conference a few weeks ago President Villarreal quoted a scripture that hit me hard-  Mark 8:34.  Christ invites his disciples to take up their cross and follow him.  Really inviting us to die with him.  Here in the mission it is really hard sometimes.  But we cant expect it to be easy for us when it wasn't easy for Him.  For me "taking up the cross" means the things we must do to follow Him.  At times they are not easy to do but we do it.  For the desires that we have to follow Him.  We cannot think that it will be easy because we all know its not but we do know it will be worth it.  I have such a testimony of this.  I know we must follow Him.  He is our perfect example.  Our Savior and Redeemer.  

I know without a doubt in my heart that these things are true.  The lives that have changed before my eyes, I cannot deny it.  I love you all so much.  I pray for you all every day. I love you all.  Thank you.

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12


I took this one for Ely.  One of the army man from toy story.  HE is real.
Me and Elder Ballesteros
Taco de Tripa.  Yes I ate it.  Horrible.  Don't try it.  yes tripa means intestines.  Of what animaI, who knows
Familia Vega.  The family Elder Taylor and I baptized the last week in Cuajimalpa.
Isabel.  She is really awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment