Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Email received 03/18/13


Hey Fam.

This week was such a great week.  SO many great experiences.  We baptized a wonderful family of three yesterday.  Such a wonderful family that we have seen such a big change in.  Elder Tattersall and I found them at the end of last change.  We went by but couldn't find them for a few weeks.  Until like a week and a half ago.  We were so grateful to find them again.  They have experienced so many hard things.  The mom Laura divorced from her husband for horrible terrible things that he did to that family.  When we met them they were just dieing to have some kind of peace in their life.  There is nothing that makes me happier than to see this happiness and peace fill their family. 

Well we had changes today.  I left Cuajimalpa to a place called Tacubaya in the city.  (Look up a place called Zocalo)  our area is right by it.  My new companion is Elder Ballesteros.  He is from Mexico.  He is Temporal.  Waiting for his visa to go to Argentina.  This last change was only a change of 4 weeks.  Because of the change of ages and weeks in the MTC put the Transfer dates out of line with the MTCs and so there was a need for a change of 4 weeks.  Oh and because of that we come home two weeks earlier.  So that was super crazy to think about.

Elder Taylor and I were talking one day this week.  He said something about standing at the gate.  I immediately thought "wow that sounds really cool"  I thought about that more and more that day and what I thought it really means.  Like first about baptism.  How in 2 Nephi 31 he talks about it as "the straight and narrow gate in which we should enter."  Than I thought really about the Kingdom that our Heavenly Father has prepared for us.  It kind of hit me a little bit.  How many things do we have in our life that are like this gate.  That all of us are standing in front of.  But what do we have to do?  We could enter or not enter.  It does us nothing if we stand IN the gate.  We must ALWAYS take that step.  We must always act on our faith.  Really how close are we?  We are all standing in front of this gate.  All of us. 

We met with this man this next day.  He was baptized when he had like 8 years.  He has been inactive for almost 10 years.  His wife isn't a member.  When we were talking this example came to my mind.  That he is standing in front of this gate this door to walk into the Church.  All he has to do is take that extra step.  It was something that hit me so hard this week.  It is even worse for us when the gate is open.  When we can see the inside.  The Happiness the blessings.  For us we have entered the gate of baptism.  The doors are open.  We can "see" the happiness that we can have.  We know.  We know the only way to have these blessings.  We must always take that step.  Always enter the gate.  We can never stay in front looking in.  We must do the things that we know we need to do to walk in the Pearly Gates of the Kingdom of Our Father.  We must not let the temptations and the shafts in the whirlwind tear us down from these blessings.  From standing at the gate. 

I love you all.  Thank you so much for all of the support.  Do not forget your Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. 

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

Ps. Mom I have some bad news my camera is not working.  I didn't do anything.  Its not the batteries or anything.  It just wont turn on and stuff.  I am really sorry.  I will figure something out.  I love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment