Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Email received 05/06/13


Hey Familia!  

¿Como Estáis?  Yep I feel super Spanish today.  I want to talk in Vosotros.  Cool.  Well it sounds like you all have had a few roller coaster rides the past few weeks.  I hope all is well.  The new baby.   I LOVE THE NEW NAME!!!!  Good work!!!  (If you held it A few weeks more you could have had a MAY baby!)  Op just kidding.  Its so wonderful to have this blessing in your life.  HEY maybe I will see her.  I will be calling on Sunday.  (I'm freaking out right now.  yes mom LED!!!!!)  Satan and his awful temptations WATCH OUT!!! HE WILL GET YA!!  Well anyway I will be calling at 4:00 MY time.  Will you make me a skype account?  We can only use skype to do it.  And send me instructions on how to use it.  I Think  that when you make an account you can add yourself as a friend.  

Well this week as great.  Elder Porter is AWESOME!!!  He is an amazing missionary.  We have been having a hard time finding people to teach.  Its been really great to have him as a companion though.  

Yesterday Elder Porter and I were walking down the street singing primary songs.  It was a really great until we actually thought about the Lyrics and what they really mean.  We thought about "I am a Child of God"  how profound it really is.  Probably the most popular song we sing in the Church probably has the most profound meaning behind it.  Yet I have NEVER thought about it like "yeah I am a Child of God.  This is the most important thing we could ever understand.  If we understand this principle we will do everything we can to enter and live with Him in His Kingdom.  We are children of a all knowing all powerful being.  And we can and inherit Everything He has.  We are His children. 

We found this man this past week that just contacted us on the street.  He had such a pain in his eyes to change his life.  He told us he lost everything.  He had a wife and kids and a job.  He expressed his desire to change.  The Love of Christ just swept over me.  Being in these situaciones is really hard sometimes.  Knowing for a part how Christ felt for us.  Just the desire to do all you can to help these people is incredible.  

We talked about love for a long time last night.  How it is the most important attribute of Christ we could have . Christ said the most important commandments we obey is to Love thy God with all thy heart, and love thy neighbor as thyself.  If we do these things we will do all we can to follow our savior.  I have learned that.  The more I love everyone before me I have more of a desire to serve my Father in Heaven.  I love you all.  More than anything.  Please don't forget your Heavenly Father.  

Always and Forever.

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12


Ps.  Mom I have been craving Brownies like CRAZY.  will YOU SEND ME SOME.  AND CHOCOLATE  AND LOVE       I LOVE YOU

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for posting these, Michael is a huge inspiration for me as i prepare for my mission, it is so good to see that he is having so much success and growing so much- Sarah Johnson

    ReplyDelete