Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Email received 02/11/13


HEY FAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well first off.... I LOVE the new name for the sweet little niña!!!  I think that is such a beautiful name.  Great work!!  I am really sad to hear all of those families are going to that new stake.  I love so many of those people.  I hope you stay in touch with them.  Those people I hold very close to my heart.  I hope they feel loved and welcome in their new place.  At times I know exactly how it feels.  That's how I felt when I left Cantera and Tejupilco.  Well life is full of surprises that we are given by our Loving Heavenly Father. 

Well this week was hard again.  Its ok.  Really this week we had four people that we were teaching reject the Gospel.  Two of them had a hard time accepting the Book of Mormon.  They felt that they didn't need another book aside from the Bible.  They thought the Bible is perfect and doesn't need any other testament of Jesus Christ.  The other couple we were teaching also did not accept.  Such a humble little couple that really had a lot of problems, casi no money things like that.  They told us that night that their cousin had died all of a sudden.  We started to talk about the Plan of Salvation and how they will see him again.  than they brought up authority and how the Church of Jesus Christ couldn't possibly have been restored.  They said that Joseph Smith was just another man Like Martin Luther.  It was super sad to hear.  Really it was heart breaking.  We thought they knew it.  We thought they were going to be baptized.  It was so sad for me to see this happen.  The thing that they need.  The thing that will make them more happy than they can even know right now all they needed to do was take it.  I like to compare it to a Snickers.  How rich mouth wateringly delicious they are.  You work so hard for that money to buy that snickers.  You had that joy and richness in your mouth of what a snickers is.  But when at the store you decide you don't want snickers.  You decide to get lima beans.  EEEwwwww.  Ok not the same...but still.   It was hard.  It was really hard for me to see this because after you work so hard to get it.  After you show the Lord what you REALLY want.  After you sacrifice everything to have it,  it doesn't happen.  I just need to be patient.  Work harder.  Show Heavenly Father how bad I want to baptize.  At times doing this is really hard.  Always be Raising the bar.  We had Zone Conference last week and President Villarreal talked a lot about that.  Comparing it to baptism.  In this mission we baptize every week.  That's what we do.  But what do we have to do if we are not.  Work.  Raise the Bar.  And show our desire to the Lord.  At times He is giving us this trial to see what we do.  Do we give up saying "oh I gave my whole heart."  or do we work even harder saying "is this what I really  want?  This week I am going to work even harder, strive harder to become more like Christ and receive His countenance in me. "  He said so many things that hit me.  This was one of the biggest things that really stuck out to me.

Let me tell you,  This week I am going to work harder, strive harder to Become more like my Savior and receive His countenance in me. 

This past week we went with a family that a member in the ward referred us to.  It is a mom and two kids.  The mom  got a divorce with the the husband like two years ago.  They got a divorce because of something he did to their daughter.  This "thing" happened like four years ago.  After this "thing" he did to her she started doing drugs.  She started at 14 but because she wanted to forget.  After two years of not telling anyone.  Psychiatrists therapists and everything she finally told her mom.  This thing weighed so heavy on this family.  Ever since she said it has been really hard trying to find happiness and unity.  The daughter is a lot better now but still has struggles.  We were really saddened to hear this but really happy to know what we have the thing that will bring them so much happiness and joy.  I am so excited for this family.  Remember how blessed we are to have this gospel in our lives.  We need to take this joy that we have and help the children of God that need our help.  I love you all so much.  Thank you so much for the prayers and support.

Always and forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment