Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Email received 02/18/13


Hey family,

This week was a great week.  We had changes today.  Elder Tattersall left and I stayed here.  I have a knew companion, Elder Taylor.  He is from Bountiful.  He has seven months in the mission.  He is really great and I am really excited to work with him.  He seems like a really hard worker. 

Yesterday we had a baptism.  His name is David.  We found him last Saturday.  He said that he really wants to change his life.  He went to church and yesterday he was baptized.  It was such an amazing sight.  Seeing some one have such a desire to change their life and really come closer to Christ.  It is such a miracle to be a tool in the Lords hands to find His lost sheep.  And to see great changes in their lives.  It is something that I am very grateful for. 

Last week Elder Tattersall and I were walking down the street from a cita that we should have had but they were not there.  A man like 30 years old calls out at us.  We walk over to talk to him and we could clearly see that he had been drinking.  He said that he was an alcoholic and wanted to change his life.  His wife and two 9 and 7 year old kids.  He said he wanted to find himself.  Find God and for the first time in years feel good.  We could see that he truly meant it.  We gave him a folleto of the Plan of Salvation.  We wrote down his number and asked if we could pass by his home.  He said he is almost never in his house because he is always working.  This really happens like every day.  so we walked away thinking we will probably never find him again.  In our area there is a big golly and a road that goes through it to go to a little mesa or pueblito.  But it is like 15 minuets away from the rest of our area.  And this is where we found this guy.  The next day there was a big crash between two dump trucks.  This stopped all of the traffic on both sides.  Because there was no buses that could pass we had to walk.  It took us like an hour and a lot of effort.  as we got to the pueblo we found this same guy walking.  We found him and he told us he was up all night reading this folleto and pandering about it.  He told us that when he read it, it hit him very hard.  We were thinking how much time we had lost when we got to the top.  We found this man.  How grateful and uplifted he was for this.  At that moment I realized that it was not just a coincidence but that it was not just a wasted hour.  I realized that if I am doing all that I can the Lord will not let his time be lost.  He will always look for ways for us to find His lost sheep.  There is no such thing as a wasted motion.  It was something that really hit me.  It really made me grateful for the little things that Heavenly Father does. 

I am so grateful for all of you.  I love you all so much.  My motivation and my inspiration.  I love you all with all of my heart.

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock.
Helaman 5:12

Ps.  Mom:  Hey I need some more money.  Oh and  We were walking through a HUGE fiesta to get to our house and we saw a Metallica cover band and I thought of you singing.  It was super hard actually.  We ran out of there.  Awesome.

Owen I wrote you a letter and it wont get to you on time. so.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY


They Zone Playing soccer
My Area.
Elder Taylor and I

No comments:

Post a Comment