Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Email received 02/04/13


HEY FAMILIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow hey dad how was your trip to Adams wedding?

Wow I cant believe that Ivory Homes is forming part of a new stake!  That is great!  that means only one thing........THE CHURCH IS GROWING!!!!!!  What a blessing.  Seeing that really makes my testimony grow.  Well its raining right now.  I love the rain.  It was super hot earlier while we were playing soccer.  Its really nice for a cool down.  

Well this week was a harder week for us.  We had a special conferencia con Elder Nelson.  That was such an awesome experience.  Ever mission inside Mexico City was there in the MTC.  It was really cool.  The temple is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!  It was such a cool thing when he walked in.  If there was anyone in that room that wasn't a member had to have felt something when he entered.  Just the spirit and peace they bring with them wherever they go is so touching.  Just the moment he walked in for me there was no denying that he was an Apostle of God.  He talked a lot about who we are as missionaries.  What our responsibility is.  He talked a lot about how we were all chosen before this life to come down and to find our brothers and sisters who do not have the gospel, and to bring them back to our Heavenly Father.  He talked about how we were chosen to come down in a world that is so evil and wicked and be a light.  A light for people who are pleading for help.  We were chosen before this life to prepare to the Second Coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  It was truly a touching experience.  I am so grateful to have gone.  Plus I saw Elder Johnson whom I haven't seen since I left Cantera.  It was great! 

The next day we had a Junta with the whole zone.  The best most powerful one I have had in my mission so far.  One Elder talked about the Attributes of Christ.  How as representatives of Him we need to receive His countenance in us.  How this is how we are going to shine forth like a Light house to Lost seaman who cant find there way.  And then my zone leader talked.  He said a story about us finishing our missions and seeing our family, and then praying to our Heavenly Father to ask him if he is satisfied with our work we had done.  And then the awful feeling hitting us that we didn't do all that we could have.  That this feeling we will have to live with forever.  This story thing hit me so hard.  It really changed my mission.  I do not want to go with regrets.  I am not saying I am a bad missionary or that I haven't done all I could but still the thought of My Father in Heaven not being happy or satisfied with my work is something I do not want to feel.  Or to look in the eyes of my Mother for the first time in two years is something so special.  Giving all.  Every fiber we have and dedicate it to the Lord.  And not to come back to the altar.  As missionaries, as representatives of Jesus Christ we can not leave someone who is searching for the truth.  Not just as missionaries but all of us.  We have to do all that we can.  Give it all.  If someone needs our priesthood duty we need to be there.  If someone needs our comfort and care we need to be there.  Mas buscad primeramente el reino de Dios.  ( I don't know it in English).  This hit me so hard.  The spirit was there.  For me it was what are the little things I need to change or do different?  

This week was a hard week.  We didn't have a whole lot of success.  But that's alright.  The Zone leaders are all having us fast three times a week.  We are super excited because seeing the blessings of fasting is such a testimony builder.  Elder Tattersall lost his mission and his home card this past week.  So that was super hard for him.  But he alright we get new cards on Wednesday.  

I am so grateful for you all.  You are all such an inspiration.  But I ask you.  All of you to remember your Savior and Redeemer who died for each and Every one of you.  Remember Him every single day.   When life is hard enter your own Gethsemane like President Villarreal says, and ask your Father in Heaven to help you.  Your Lord will make your burdens light.  I love you all so much.  I carry around a picture of you all in my scriptures.  I show all my investigators.  "Look,  I will live with them forever.  Is this something you want?  To live together forever with your family?  But only through Christ is it possible.

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

ps.  I get every letter From Sister Quartey.  I am so grateful for them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment