Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Email received 07/21/13


Hey Family,

It is so great to hear that you went to Idaho.  It is really great to hear that you all are doing well.  Mom, to answer to the question about coming down, I prefer that you don't.  The Church does not want that happening because we only have visas for 2 years and it could make it harder for the churches to get visas in the future.  I feel like it would be best if you don't.  But we will definitely come when I go home. 

Well this week was hard again.  Fernando does not want anything anymore.  We went over to his house to visit with him before we visit with his mom.  He opened up the window and yelled it through the window.  That he does not want anything to do with us.  That he wants to keep going in his sins.  That he doesn't want to repent.  That it is what makes him happy.  I was heart broken.  I was really upset about that.  We have been working so hard with him and everything.  We have been taking his cigarettes and flushing them down the toilet.  We took alcohol away from him.  We were heart broken to hear that all of this was gone to waste.  I really felt like that.  He really wanted to change.  He told us that he would to anything to change.  I was so upset about that but we did all that we could.  We can't make people listen or change.  I was mad that Satan got to him.  That he was listening to what Satan was telling him.  But his mom is so amazing.  I believe that we found Fernando for his mom.  His mom knows that the church is true.  She has no doubt.  We are so happy about the example she has shown all of her family and us.

But again we had three baptisms fall through yesterday.  But we are not getting down about that.  We did all that we could.  Worked as hard as we could.  And that's all that we can do. 

We had changes today.  Elder Sanchez and I left Granjas.  We didn't do our work to well so they have to have Sister Missionaries do the work we didn't do.  Just kidding.  But I am way down south in the Mission again.  I am in an area called Valle de Bravo.  It is like an hour from Tejupilco.  It is so SO beautiful.  It is a tourist attraction.  Look it up.  It is so great.  My new companion is Elder Medina.  He is such an awesome missionary.  He has 4 months in the mission.  It is so great.  I am so excited to work in this area, to work with this new district.  I am so excited, but a bit nervous.  But I have all of the confidence in the Lord.  We will do so much here.  But I can't stop praying.  I was reading in 3 Nephi 19 this past week and it hit me.  Christ is teaching his disciples to pray.  They pray and they pray and they pray, but with more and more fervency.  At the end they are filled with desire.  They start glowing like Christ.  It is something so simple.  But yet we take it for granted.  We must pray in every moment.  To help build our faith, strengthen our testimonies, and help us to fight off temptations from the Devil.  I am so grateful for my mission, for the chance that I have to change, to become more like our Heavenly Father.  That is our purpose in this life, to grow.  But we must do it through Christ.  He is my savior and redeemer.  He gave his life for us.  If we love him we will do his will.  At times we fight against his will.  When we fight we gain nothing.  Even if we do his will but without the Love and charity of doing it serves us nothing.  I love you all so much.  Remember your Savior Jesus Christ.  Pray in every moment.  I love you all.  Thank you for the love and support.

Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12


No comments:

Post a Comment