Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Email received 08/19/13


Dear Family,

This week was such a good week.  The things we are seeing here in this Branch are so amazing.  But the assistance yesterday went down.  A lot.  It was really sad for us because we have been trying so hard to help the members come to church.  It is so difficult sometimes but we are so happy with the work we are doing.   

Yesterday Consepcion, the wife of Pedro, who we baptized last week, was baptized.  It was so beautiful.  She was so ready.  People that just see the blessings of the gospel just hop right in the font.  A few days before she was interviewed we talked about eternal families with them.  Consepcion started crying saying, "This is what I want for my family. "  The spirit was there so strong. She was asking us when we were going to end our missions because, in her words, "We want you there."    It was so amazing because we love them so much.

We are teaching their daughter with her two girls.  They were going to get baptized yesterday but her husband does not want her to.  It was really sad to hear that but we are going to talk to him to find out why.

I finished the Book of Mormon again on Saturday.  This time it hit me again.  My love and desire to read the Book of Mormon really has increased my testimony and has changed my life.  I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true.  I can tell you with all of the surety of my heart that it is true.  I really know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true.  I have developed such a love and desire to read the Book of Mormon.  It really is the keystone to our church.  I urge you to read the Book of Mormon.  It gives us power to resist the temptations of Satan.  Just talking about it brings such joy and happiness to my heart. 

I love you all.  Thank you all for your love and support.


Always and Forever,

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment