Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Email received 10/21/13


My dearest Mother,


Mom, Thank you so much for your email.  It really made me feel so much better.  I have been struggling a little the past few weeks,  just trying to find out what the Lord wants me to learn.  Thank you so much.  I wish I could express to you how much it means to me.  You are always guided by the Spirit in what to say.  What I need to know.  Thank you so much.  Satan has been tempting me so much lately.  I have no idea why.  It has been really, really difficult but I really feel that the Lord is giving me the Strength that I need to resist the Temptations.

My new companion Elder Campos is a good missionary.  But it has been a little bit hard to be with him.  I feel he has started to get a little bit trunky which has been making it really hard on me.  He really likes music and talks about music a lot and sings worldly songs, which makes it really hard on me also.  It makes it really, really hard to work and concentrate when we are not focused on the Lords work.  So I don't really feel worthy to receive some of the blessings that we have received this week from the Lord. 

Jonothan, Sebastion, and Laura were all interviewed this past week and all accepted baptism for this Next Saturday.  They showed us the desire they have to be baptized.  Especially Jonothan.  He really has shown his desire to change, to follow the example of Jesus Christ.  It was a great blessing because his mom, Susana, has such a desire to be baptized but cannot because she is not married to her husband.  But her husband Gerardo did not want anything to do with the church.  He was to the point where he was really rude about it.  But they told us that he is going to the baptism Saturday.  It is a great step he has taken.  I am so grateful that the Lord has but that in his life.  It has been such a blessing to have this family in our lives. 

The Lord has been Blessing me so much.  I see his hand in my life every day.  Which has made my desire to bring the Gospel to the people grow so much.  I feel so blessed to have this desire to bring these people to Christ.  But it only comes through prayer and fasting.  I have no doubt that this church is true.  It has changed my life.  It has changed the way I think about the Plan that God has for us.

I love you so much.  Have a good week. 

Always and Forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment