Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Email received 09/09/13


Hi Family,


It is great to hear that everything is going good at home.  

Well this week was a great and difficult week.  We have been having a bit of a hard time of all of our citas falling through and the members that were going to come with us to appointments were falling through too.  We are working so hard and working in the way of the Lord but these things are just so frustrating sometimes.  But I know that the Lord is testing our paciencia.  It has been a change for me but I am getting a hang of it.

I love my new companion Elder Sulcaray.  It is really fun to be around him and a really rich experience to work with him.  He has taught me so much.  I love working with him.  It is going to be a great change.  

But I really love my new area.  It is really different from Valle de Bravo but it is really great.  The ward needs a bit of help.  There are so many less active members.  If all of the members in our ward were active we would be able to create two new wards.  But I am so excited to really start helping all of these members.  Help these lost sheep come back to Christ.  

Saturday night we were praying really hard to visit one of these families that really need our help.  We went around looking for one of these families.  We were looking down a street for their apartment building.  We had never met this family before but we found their apartment.  We walked in side and shared Nephi 8 with them.  We invited them to church and they said that they would try their best.  They then told us why they didn't come to church.  We resolved their doubt and tried to help them.  After that they told us that they knew that they were missing something in their lives, that they were praying to find that peace and love and harmony again.  They told us that we were an answer to that prayer.  Elder Sulcaray and I looked at each other at the same time because he and I both felt that they were an answer to our prayer, that this family really needed our help.  It was such a faith building experience for me.  


I am so grateful for all the love and support that you give me.  I really feel your love every day.  I love you all.  



Always and forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment