Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Email received 08/12/13


Dear Mom,


This week was such a great week.  We have been working so hard trying to find the Lords children that are looking for the truth.  We have really been seeing the blessings of our fruits.  I am completely exhausted but I have never been so happy in my life.  The Lord really expects me to be the best I can be to do all I can to give everything to him.  The families we are teaching are so amazing. 

On Friday Pedro was baptized.  The baptism was amazing.  We did all we could to have members there to support him.  Not jus members went but his whole family.  The spirit was there so strong.  He is such a miracle.  The way we found him is complete proof that the Lord used us as instruments in his hands.  The first we of the change we were walking past his street and stopped and looked at it and we felt that we needed to contact the street.  We started contacting the street and door after door no one let us in.  But after a few doors we came to Pedro's house.  His wife answered the door and told us that her husband might be interested.  We went to his house a few days later (Saturday) we taught him and at first he had a few doubts about what we were teaching.  Then we cleared some things up.  We invited him to go to church.  The next day we showed up and he was baptized.  He was confirmed yesterday and received the Priesthood.  It was such a great day.  He really looks like a changed man.  His whole family was there yesterday.  His wife his daughter and his three grand kids.  It was such a great thing that they were there.  They are showing more and more interest.  I am so happy to see this family starting to recognize the blessings of the gospel.  There is no greater blessing.  I love it so much. 

Yesterday all of the members and us ate together at the church.  It was so great to feel the members' strong testimony.  Working in a branch is so much different than working in a ward.  I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be here.  I have seen such a great change in the ward since I have been here. 

I have been struggling a bit lately to really discover my true potential.  I feel good with the work I do but I am not satisfied.  I feel that I may feel like this until I end my mission.  I have seen such change in me, the desire that I have to sacrifice my will for the Lord.  But in my heart not to hold on to things but let them go.  Wanting to let them go is the key, to do the will of the Lord because I want to.  I love this gospel so much.  I have NO doubt that it is true.  I have seen the importance this gospel has.  Every single thing in the world turns around the Saviors plan.  I know that we have to Endure.  Repent now.  Pray now.  Do the will of the Lord NOW:  I love you so much.


Always and forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5 12

No comments:

Post a Comment