Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Email received 08/05/13


Hey family,


This week was a really great week.  We are working so hard here in Valle de Bravo.  We struggled a little bit this week finding people to teach.  All that we have done is really reaping its rewards here.  The missionaries have only have 3 to 5 years in Valle de Bravo.  So here it is just a little branch.  It is so cool working with a little branch.  The Branch president is a Senior Missionary with his wife.  It is so great working with President and Sister Valero.  They are so nice to us.  But yesterday in sacrament there was a sister that was just baptized a few weeks ago that told us a story about people making fun of them and saying things when they walk by.  She told us that she was strong.  That no matter what happens that she will always stay strong.  For me this was a real testimony builder to me.  Not just to me but for all of us.  Satan is trying all he can to bring us down.  He is striking at the very heart of the weaknesses inside of us.  We have to do all we can to fight these temptations. 

We have been teaching a man named Pedro.  He went to church this past Sunday.  He was a miracle.  Saturday night we spent looking for him but he was not home.  Three times we climbed up looking for him.  But he was not there.  It was like 8:30 at night when we decided to look for him for the last time.  We found him the last time.  We talked with him and he expressed with us his desires to be baptized.  He told us that he couldn't get baptized yesterday because he had to work.  But he told us he wanted to be baptized this Friday.  He told us that He has spent his whole life looking for the truth from church to church and he said he knows and is convinced that this church is true.  This struck me off my feet.  Just how ready he is to be baptized.  How bad he wants it.  I am so grateful for this.  I am so grateful for the chance that I have to be here in this mission.  I love this gospel with all my heart.  I know that this church is true.  How blessed are we.  I love you all so much.  Thank you for the love and support.

Always and Forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment