Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Monday, October 28, 2013

Email received 10/28/13


Dear Mother,

This week was such a good week.  Again struggling with my companion.  We just got a new Ward mission leader and so he is just getting started.  Saturday, we baptized Jonothan, Laura, and Sebastion.  Sunday we confirmed Jonothan and Laura... Sebastion no....We have to redo the ordinance tomorrow.  We found out Saturday AFTER the baptism when we were filling out the baptism forms that Sebastion's real name is Leonardo Sebastion.  So yes it was me that baptized him.  Lazy Elder Hancock forgot to do the forms before.  Its OK, he will just be really, REALLY clean. 

We had a young man help us baptize.  His name is Cassiel.  He is so amazing.  He is 18 years old but can't serve a full time mission because he has a really bad sickness that causes his organs to fail.  When he was like 14 I think he stopped taking his medicine and had to get a kidney transplant.  But he has such a strong testimony.  He is like a returned missionary.  He is also really smart.  He is a piano prodigy (I think) he is so amazing.  He comes with us all the time to do visits.  It is really hard for him sometimes because he gets tired really easily but he loves the work.  I love him.

We have seen the Lord working miracles in our area.  The people are ready.  We just need to find them.  I have to give all I have, all my efforts to find the people that are looking for the truth.  I love this gospel.  I love my mission.  I have changed so much.  I  know what is really important.  It is true.  There is no doubt.  It is our time right now to prepare for the second coming of Jesus Christ. 

I love you so much. Thank you so much for the love and support.


Always and Forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12 


P.S.  Candy.  You know what kind.  Peanut butter,  Jam, Face wash, CEREAL…  Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Lucky Charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment