Elder Hancock

Elder Hancock
September 16, 2012

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Email received 09/02/13


Dear Family,


It is so great to hear that you all are doing well.  It really makes me happy that you are all doing well in work and school, and camping sounds real relaxing.  

Well we had changes today.  And guess what...I left Valle de Bravo. Yes, it was very shocking for us.  We were all expecting that I was going to stay.  Nope.  Elder Medina and I both left, and they cleaned the area.  But we left the area in great hands, and so many good and faithful people.  It was really hard to say good-bye.  Pedro and Consepcion want us to baptize all of their daughters.  Two of their grand kids Fatima and Grecia were baptized yesterday.  Their moms still are not sure about it.  They are so amazing.  Actually right before we left their house one of the daughters of Pedro and Consepcion told us that they would get baptized when we come back to visit them.  It was funny but we don't want that at all.  We also left a great family in the hands of the other Elders.  The two teenagers Itzel and Uriel went to church.  They are going to get baptized.  They are such an amazing family.  I was so sad to leave all of these people.  But I will go wherever the Lord needs me.  

So now I am back in Camerones, a few minutes from Granjas (area before Valle de Bravo).  My new companion is from Peru.  His name is Elder Sulcary.  He has 7 months in the mission.  I am so excited to work with him.  He seems like such a hard worker.  

We got some news last Tuesday about new instructions that we have.  Before here in this mission investigadores only had to come to church twice, but now in the whole world I think that investigadores have to have 5 assistances.  But I am really excited about this.  The work of the Lord is being quickened.  The 5 assistances just means that they will stay active.  We are all so excited to work in the way of the Lord.  There is no other way we can have success.  Is just by doing it in the way of the Lord.  A lot of us thought that we would baptize less, but we thought for a minute and realized that we will baptize more.  Real Growth is what the Lord wants.  His work will never come to a stop.  It is such a miracle to see this happen, to really see lives change.  

It is really hard sometimes to do the Lords will.  When we do the things he wants us to do but fighting against him in our hearts will do us nothing.  So why don't we soften our hearts and do his will.  That is the only way we will ever get His great and Marvelous work done.  I love this work.  It has changed my life forever.  

Good luck this week.  Remember your Savior in your daily life.  I love you all.  Thank you for all you have done for me.


Always and Forever

Elder Hancock
Helaman 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment